xmas present for dear wife

Here we go again. What can I buy for my wife? She has no interests it seems whatsoever. Budget is rather low I'm afraid.
What have people bought in the past that went down well?
All suggestions appreciated. Please keep it clean.
thanks

Why not take the cosmetic she loves best, and (try to) do a homemade version of it... e.g. if she likes Nivea, you make a Nivea-like cream. If it is chanel #5, you do a knock off of that (actually probably easier than doing a Nivea cream...)

Henk

I sympathise, Flatfish.

From my experience, women love surprises. So why not just tell her you're leaving her?

If you think that might not go down too well, ask her family and friends for tips (sisters and close friends are usually a good bet). Seeing as she has no interests at the moment, perhaps the gift could be something that could turn into a hobby - haven't the foggiest what that might be, but I'd stay away from diamonds for the time being.

Failing all that, take Hando's advice and just ask her what she wants. If she tells you that she already has everything she needs, agree with her while throwing in the 'Christmas isn't about presents, anyway' line for good measure. If that doesn't prompt her into dropping 'subtle' hints, nothing will.

What is your budget Flatfish? Nape suggested leaving out diamonds, but if you can afford it there are few women who can resist diamonds. Could you push the boat out this year? It sounds like you've been married a while so have you given her an eternity ring yet?

If this is well above your means then please say - I reckon I could come up with some other ideas. Are you sure she has no interests?

OK, final idea. Does she, like most women, do all the work on Christmas day? How about giving her Christmas off and cooking the dinner for a change. Tell her she can put her feet up all day and let you take charge. OK, it may not be as good as when she does it but she will appreciate the gesture for weeks and weeks. Major brownie points!!!!!

Naked Ape said:
From my experience, women love surprises. So why not just tell her you're leaving her?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Come on Flatfish, surely there is something of interest you can reveal that can offer a clue.

Given your signature, I'm assuming you are both person's of serious faith. Can you pursue that line of interest?

You could sponsor a child or give her a goat (NOT a euphemism -- an aid gift to a farmer in the developing world).

I'm thinking charity, social/spiritual good, something that will last a long time.

That, or a motorbike.

Rev-O said:
You could sponsor a child or give her a goat (NOT a euphemism -- an aid gift to a farmer in the developing world).
That is the sort of thing we could all do a bit more of. I've already checked with my family and there will be no surprises as per usual. Stick to booze, gift vouchers and we are all mhappy :lol:

Back
Top Bottom