WTT Merkur razor blades

Hey men
i'm wanting to trade a couple of packs 20 in total for either Feathers or Gillette thins.
You either love em or hate em i find them no good at all.I received these with a couple of Merkur razors recently bought and i wont use them at all.
PM if interested

I only ever tried the free ones I got with the razors, and I can't say that's a fair trial, my technique was probably shocking then.
I idly wonder how many others get the poor impression of them from it being their first blade?

Canuck said:
I only ever tried the free ones I got with the razors, and I can't say that's a fair trial, my technique was probably shocking then.
I idly wonder how many others get the poor impression of them from it being their first blade?

Hi there,

The Merkur blade was the first one for me on my DE journey. Used em for two weeks straight, that being the amount of time suggested in order to develop a little reference point for the next blade tried. I think back then I was using a super adjustable set on #3.

After a couple weeks I tried another blade (Crystal or Red Personna I think), and the difference was like night and day. From the first downward stroke the shave felt better. There was no pulling or discomfort like with the Merkur blade. That was my first real shaving epiphony. Yeah, I realized how lousy those Merkur blades were and that although the shaves with those weren't good, I was still learning technique without knowing it. Made it pretty obvious my technique was better than I'd thought, when using a decent blade.

Heh, I've often thought that including those blades in with a new Merkur razor purchase is a cruel German practical joke. It's the only explanation that makes sense.

Yep, some people love the Merkurs, but most don't.

Martin

Oh yeah.......best of luck to the OP with the trade..........

Back
Top Bottom