WTB TV ROCKET ;completed

RE: WTB TV ROCKET

bigduncan said:
wanted tv rocket with or with out case
must be in good condition
cash waiting

From my limited knowledge, the TV rocket was never sold in a case, but always in a set, I think Steve (sunburyboy93) can confirm or deny that.

Good luck :p they are nice, but I'm not parting with mine!

Max

FrenchBlade said:
bigduncan said:
cash waiting

From my limited knowledge, the TV rocket was never sold in a case, but always in a set, I think Steve (sunburyboy93) can confirm or deny that.

Max

The British TV Rocket is a lovely Razor, Handle is plated in Nickel and the head is plated in Rhodium, it is a scarce Razor, don't see them on E-Bay, and if you do expect to pay a pretty penny, they were selling for £50.00 + on other shaving forums two years ago !!

i have never seen them in a plastic case i.e bought as a Razor only, only ever seen them in Gillette branded Special Edition Grooming Sets...

I had two but traded one to a fellow collector in the USA along with a wilky sticky in exchange for a Mint Gillette Toggle and a Mint 40's Aristocrat.

Good luck with your search, and no i'm not parting with mine either.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

FrenchBlade said:
bigduncan said:
cash waiting

Max

Hi Max, not sure if bigduncan is after an F/T TV Rocket. I had a look on mr-razors
site and he lists it as a Superspeed, but if you look at the pic below the one on the right is a UK TV Rocket (the gap between the TTO knob moves as you open it?). Is the what he is after?
I should add this is not for sale either.......:icon_razz::icon_razz:
[attachment=2902]
The one next to it is a normal UK Rocket

Attachments

• IMG_1660.jpg
    IMG_1660.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 38

missingskin said:
FrenchBlade said:
bigduncan said:
cash waiting

Max

Hi Max, not sure if bigduncan is after an F/T TV Rocket. I had a look on mr-razors
site and he lists it as a Superspeed, but if you look at the pic below the one on the right is a UK TV Rocket (the gap between the TTO knob moves as you open it?). Is the what he is after?

Yes, the one on the right is a TV rocket, but it's in a normal rocket case. (not the right one)

nice aren't they? :p

Max

FrenchBlade said:
missingskin said:
FrenchBlade said:
bigduncan said:
cash waiting

Max

Yes, the one on the right is a TV rocket, but it's in a normal rocket case. (not the right one)

nice aren't they? :p

Max

Hi Max, we will agree to disagree on this one.......mr-razors site shows it in this case and I have other Rockets from that period in different cases.......but I could be wrong....:icon_rolleyes::icon_rolleyes::icon_razz::icon_razz::icon_razz:

What about this one then? TV Rocket or Super-speed? I couldn't make my mind up from the photo. Should find out in a few days.

e8311fd8.jpg

For info:

1958%20Gillette%20Traveller%20DeLuxe%20England%20from%20Richard%20Snyder.jpg

1958%20British%20TV.jpg

I'm a bit sceptical on the second one.. but maybe you're right :p

And Steve, correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the whole razor (at least that's what it looks like on mine) is rhodium plated, not just the head, are you not getting muddled up with the Aristo Jr.?

Max

Yellow Jim said:
What about this one then? TV Rocket or Super-speed? I couldn't make my mind up from the photo. Should find out in a few days.
Jim, that's a TV Rocket, there is a ring in the knurling on the superspeeds that you don't find on the rockets.

I would post a side by side pic, but I'm lazy and have to go to work in 10min. :D

Max

The white case is the previous pictures, is what (I thought) the early Regular Super Speeds came in ??? :huh::huh: (well it's what mine came in, :huh::huh::huh: ) like this:

Regular In White Box

I have also seen lots of Black Handled Superspeeds in the white Boxes though like this

Black Handled In White Box

and also regular superspeeds in the Light Brown Boxes.

Regular In Brown Box

The 58 English Rocket was a limited edition Rhodium plated One sold in the Gillette grooming sets, wouldn't of thought Gillette would have sold it in a cheap plastic Box :huh::huh:.could be wrong

i reckon the Photo on Mr Razors site is a Mismatch, again, could be wrong though, it's all investigation and guess work really....

Max yes i have just double checked mine and yes if i compare the handle to my English Superspeed, the Rocket looks brighter so i guess the handle is Rhodium too..:icon_razz:

Yellow Jim said:

e8311fd8.jpg

Yep, it's a Rocket, as Max said, the TV Superspeeds have the Ring in the Knurling

!CDZfvSQBmk~$(KGrHqF,!mEEz+yVmJ93BNOb1yo)3w~~0_3.JPG

now you lot have made me want 1 more now.
Somebody must no were i can get 1 from
Thanks for all the info was'nt sure about the case
To be honest i only put with or without case to tempt more people
to sell me one

bigduncan said:
now you lot have made me want 1 more now.
Somebody must no were i can get 1 from
Thanks for all the info was'nt sure about the case
To be honest i only put with or without case to tempt more people
to sell me one

You can get them for a reasonable price on Eblag, if like me you find a mis-advertised one. Other than that they do command a fair price if you get one that is advertised correctly.
Good luck with your search tho.

mission now completed ,thank for the tip off go to sunburyboy 93 and blknight
post some pics when i receive the razor
IF R***t 100 ON EBAY IS READING THIS STOP BIDDING EARLY ,YOU ARE JUST DRIVING THE PRICES UP ,
he only bids on uk ebay
once again thanks to TSR and the 2 members above

Back
Top Bottom