WTB iKON Bulldog

Hello Gents,
I'm looking to get my hands on an iKon Bulldog, preferably an open comb...

Okay, now you've finished understandably laughing hysterically at my plight, whilst yelling "Good luck with that one!" at your computer screen, I'm just wondering if possibly, just possibly, there's someone that doesn't actually get along with it and would be wanting to sell theirs on...

I know...I know...but I'd just thought I'd try.
As well as money, I have a cat, a girlfriend and a kidney I'm willing to trade. I wouldn't be well, I'd be lonely and without my beloved cat my feet would be cold but I'd have an iKON.

Okay, I lied about the girlfriend, cat and body part, but I'm willing to pay for it.

You can carry on laughing now...

Many thanks chaps.

Alan.

Well unless she is good at cooking, cleaning and housework and self amusing (and free to run..) the girlfriend is no good to me, I don't like cat I find they are a bit to chewy for my taste............only one kidney, bit mean ain't it.
Aah well .......... :?
:lol:

missingskin said:
Well unless she is good at cooking, cleaning and housework and self amusing (and free to run..) the girlfriend is no good to me, I don't like cat I find they are a bit to chewy for my taste............only one kidney, bit mean ain't it.
Aah well .......... :?
I :lol:

49er said:
We would need to see pictures of the cat and the girlfriend first. There are some pretty ugly cats out there, you know.
They're both gorgeous.
It's me that's the ugly one :lol:
When I told a mate of mine about my growing obsession with all things shaving, he looked at me and said "You can shave all you want, but you're still polishing a turd".
:)

Tardisbasher said:
49er said:
We would need to see pictures of the cat and the girlfriend first. There are some pretty ugly cats out there, you know.
They're both gorgeous.
It's me that's the ugly one :lol:
When I told a mate of mine about my growing obsession with all things shaving, he looked at me and said "You can shave all you want, but you're still polishing a turd".
:)
:lol: :lol:

Looks like they might be a good investment, not sure if I had to buy one again I would want to pay £120.00 for it though. It is not a razor I use regularly, but it is nice to be able to use when I feel like it I guess.They are well made and only 100 were made (I think?) so I suppose they will always be only the 100 floating around. It will be interesting to see how much the new ones are priced at ?

missingskin said:
Looks like they might be a good investment, not sure if I had to buy one again I would want to pay £120.00 for it though. It is not a razor I use regularly, but it is nice to be able to use when I feel like it I guess.They are well made and only 100 were made (I think?) so I suppose they will always be only the 100 floating around. It will be interesting to see how much the new ones are priced at ?

Hopefully not too much...I may be bankrupt by the autumn :oops:

I know everybody has their own reasons why they enjoy DE and straight razor shaving but for me, it's the tradition and history of it that I find appealing. I love the idea of using something in my daily life that's a little part of history for whatever reason which is why I soon moved to using a Fatboy after beginning my journey with my Merkur 34c, and the reason I started looking for an ikon.
Do I still use both my Merkur and Fatboy? Yes, depending on what mood I'm in. I also use my black handled S.S birth year razor and the other great pieces I've managed to get my hands on. Each one has it's own story,vintage or modern and whichever razor I pick up makes me smile (until my cackhanded technique lets me down and I end up looking like a victim in a slasher film).

As far as price goes, well, I think it's a bit subjective (I did offer a kidney :lol: ). One man's idea of a reasonable price is another man's idea of lunacy. I totally agree that the prices for ikons are stupendously high compared to when they were released but I suppose that's the market and you just have to decide if you're willing to pay that price or not...now, where's my cat got to? Somebody wanted pictures... :)

Well, hopefully very soon there will be a new ikon out. There is a teaser photograph in another forum which looks depressingly like a Pils. And I imagine Greg has seen what has happened to his second hand prices and will take note when pricing the new model.

Back
Top Bottom