WTB Gillette Super Adjustable A1

Mates,

I'm looking for a mint A1 Gillette SA - my birthyear razor :)

If you have one, it's in nice working condition, has no plate loss, etc.. pls PM me :cool:

Thanks!

I think frenchblade is the man you wanna speak to,when you say A1 are you on about the date code?they went from G to N :shave

James_uk said:
I think frenchblade is the man you wanna speak to,when you say A1 are you on about the date code?they went from G to N :shave

I have a Super Adjustable P3 - they went on making them up to about 1985/6 - the date codes looped round after Z (omitting I) so A is 1930 (blades only), 1955 and 1980 (the model in question reveals which "A" it is)

Yes, I presume 1980, so Super Adjustable with what I believe would be a plastic base plate, I don't have one, and to be honest, I've never had a one that late.
As I was looking on the net, I found out they made Super Adjustables in blue at the end of the production run, I kid you not, now I want one!
Anyone seen one of these in the wild? (i've only seen pictures)

Gillette_blue_slim_adjustable.gif

But I'll keep my eyes peeled, you never know.

Max

Yes exactly these blue ones are the ones I'm after :)
1980 Feb 3 being my birthdate :roll:

tritrek said:
Yeah, well make a line (and you're behind me, ok!, and no pushing!), I've seen more toggles then these, even seen more 195s in pics than these..
But I think 1980 was still the black ones, from what I gather. I think the blue ones were only the last year (or 2)

Probably like pixie dust, but I so want one!

Max

FrenchBlade said:
tritrek said:
Yeah, well make a line (and you're behind me, ok!, and no pushing!), I've seen more toggles then these, even seen more 195s in pics than these..
But I think 1980 was still the black ones, from what I gather. I think the blue ones were only the last year (or 2)

Probably like pixie dust, but I so want one!

Max

Yip A1 was still the black ones, the long handled one for sure, Just checked with the A1 one I have :D

Thats cool. Never seen a blue one before!

I have a 1982 black handled one. Pretty cool, totally different to the ones from the 70's. Better balanced IMO.

Back
Top Bottom