WTB British Fat Handled Tech: RESOLVED

WTB British Fat Handled Tech

I have a gold and a silver US model. For the money I think they are some of the best shavers available. Good choice.

RE: WTB British Fat Handled Tech

I have read many times on the forum that they are a good shave and it's something I don't have in my possession at all. Is there a significant difference between the US and British models?

Thanks,
Erik.

erik1963 said:
I have read many times on the forum that they are a good shave and it's something I don't have in my possession at all. Is there a significant difference between the US and British models?

Thanks,
Erik.

I suppose the easy answer is yes. I have owned (and parted with) a fair few techs, aluminium, ball end, U.S and British Fat and thin Handle "40's Techs and the only 2 I have kept are the cased Fat and Thin Handle British ones. They are no nonsense competent shavers, very easy to use and enough bite to give a good shave.

The British seem to go for higher prices on EBay. But that may be because they seem to always have their original boxes. I don't think there's much difference.

Thanks for the information Johnus and missingskin. I'll keep an eye out, but no luck so far. Mind you, there is one for sale at the Razor Emporium (US site) for $150!!!!

Cheers,
Erik.

erik1963 said:
Thanks for the information Johnus and missingskin. I'll keep an eye out, but no luck so far. Mind you, there is one for sale at the Razor Emporium (US site) for $150!!!!

Cheers,
Erik.

Have a look at Daves site www.safetyrazors.co.uk he is on holiday until 02/09 but he very often has them for sale at more sensible prices.

Thanks Johnus.

I have had a look there are a few of interest, but I do prefer to buy here - you know exactly what you will get and it will be at a reasonable price.

So any TSR members out there who want to sell a nice Fat Handled Tech, preferably cased, please contact me!

Cheers,
Erik.

In the US, Gillette 1st made these popular in 1939 calling then the 'world series razor's' the Yankees won the series in 4 games and Gillette started their sponsorship/advertising of athletic events.

Paid a visit to the Antiques Fair in Carmarthen today and guess what, I managed to locate a nice condition Fat Tech in a case. After a little haggling, got it for £7 and chuffed to bits!! May need a bit of cleaning, but only superficial.

Thanks to TSR and Members and a special thanks to Erwin who also came up with an offering.

I'm happy now - for a while, :icon_razz::icon_razz:

Erik.

Back
Top Bottom