WTB 1963 Safety Razors

I am on the lookout for a safety razors from 1963 in very good condition, ideally with a case. I am starting to build up a collection. If anyone can suggest the "standards" for a collection, that would be helpful too.

If anyone has something suitable, please let me know,

Regards,
Erik.

Sorry.
I've got razors from 1964, 1965, 1966 and 1967 (plus a few from the fifties) but none from 1963...

Still, they're not that uncommon. Someone should come along with a superspeed or a slim adjustable.

Thanks for looking anyway.

Was 1963 a bad year? (Well obviously, apart from my birth)! It seems as though there is not much available from 1963. What I need to get is a list of Gillette DE Razors that were in production that year. Anyone help? :blush:

Regards,
Erik.

Erik, as someone who was born in 1963 it seems that it is difficult to find razors in this year.

Look for the code "I" on Gillette razors. I1 is 1st Qtr 1963 14 is 4th Qtr 1963 on U.S. made razors. You may inquire a seller to look and see what is on the markings in bids.

Good fortune on your search.

Thanks for the information and advice. You are right, there seem to be plenty of razors available in most years apart from 1963!! Must have been a real vintage year - I am sure you will agree. :icon_razz:

I prefer to think that 1963 was a real special vintage - for razors and babies. We are a scarce lot and worth seeking out, if you want something extra special!! :angel:

It took a while to source an I4 (late December back in '63!) but I found one on the bay after a few months searching. I then acquired another in a shaving kit so I have a back-up (which is not for sale).

I set up a worldwide ebay saved search for I4 in title and description, might be worth doing the same.

Here's one if you are still looking.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Gillette-Slim-Vintage-Adjustable-Safety-Razor-1963-/140572893926?pt=UK_Collectables_Barber_Shop_Collectables_LE&hash=item20bacc22e6

pugh-the-special-one said:
Here's one if you are still looking.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Gillette-Slim-Vintage-Adjustable-Safety-Razor-1963-/140572893926?pt=UK_Collectables_Barber_Shop_Collectables_LE&hash=item20bacc22e6

I was just about to PM him that listing!

...no one is bidding on it yet

Hey Guys,

Thanks for the posting and link. Just found it and placed my bid. I am in Prague at the moment, so access to internet is difficult. Can't find any shaving stuff over here but the beer is not bad. :icon_rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom