Wilkinson Sword (white plastic container)

My local apothecary has both the white and black packaging - both appear to be made in Germany.

I havent bought a pack to try yet, but do have some old Made in England ones in my stash. Back when I last DE shaved with my Souplex these were my blade of choice and lasted a good week. They also used to do littel picture cards showing various rather nice swords and a little card saying "Last blade buy some more today" before your last blade.

I've read several posts on a few forums that the Lord Razor Co factory in Egypt puts out a few brands (most often mentioned are the Crown brand blades) that (according to various folks' posts), range from 'quite similar' to 'exactly like' UK Wilkinsons.

I don't think it would be too surprising as the factory used to be Wilkinson's, all of their original machinery in the factory was Wilkinson's, and the blades are/were made to various specs of Wilkinson's.

I did use the English made WS blades around 20 years ago in my phase 1 of DE shaving, and they were very smooth and sharp. They were better than the WS Classic blades.

Back
Top Bottom