Wilkinson Sword (white plastic container)

Just wondered what everyones experiences with these are? So far out of the blades I have tried this was the best shave I have had. Very very smooth close shave, little less iritation then supermax, looking to try Derby next after I have used up this current wilkinson sword blade.

So opinions?

They're not really my cup of tea,for that price there are far better blades out there such as NOS gillette bleue's,then again it's down to personal preference

I have tried precisely two of each blade that were included in some Ebay purchases, felt ver similar, the German ones win it for me due to the ease of finding them.

sammatty said:
I have tried precisely two of each blade that were included in some Ebay purchases, felt ver similar, the German ones win it for me due to the ease of finding them.
same feeling here so far now that i've tried shaving with an English one as well

These were the first blades I used as I got a five pack free with my WS Classic.

I used a twice used before blade tonight in the Classic on two days growth and it gave an excellent shave. Having said that most blades seem to work well in the Classic due to its very narrow, ie forgiving, blade gap. I found these blades less smooth in my Techs.

A good blade but pricey compared to most 'internet' blades.

zig zag said:
How long ago was it that the uk blades were discontinued and why do some think them better? thanks, Adam

The UK factory finally closed it's doors in early 2000 (I used to pass it on my way to work, Blyth Spirit doesn't live a million miles from where it was) - so the absolute last production would have been around then (probably late 1999).

On a personal note, I prefer the UK Wilkinsons to the German ones purely because they feel (to me) smoother.

Back
Top Bottom