Why have I not seen Jaguar EDT mentioned here?

Ah, that's helpful, thanks. Was outside TK Maxx yesterday. The Mrs. went in and I protected the car against incompetent drivers reversing into parked cars...of which there are no shortage there. Witnessed one such individual reverse into a car yesterday.

Wasn't far from Debenhams either...and could have gone up there...but there's always another time. I will have to try Farenheit too.

Great stuff. Ta.

Monotheme Leather is a real stayer.... well, on me it is...and most things are poor on me. It's strong and fruity and apparently very similar to Tom Ford Leather. Very different to most of the other stuff I have. The Leather is as distinctive and strong in much the same way as A'men is distinctive and fairly strong on me, and in the same sort of way that Aramis Havana and Eau Sauvage EDP are both strong albeit VERY different from the standard Eau Sauvage and standard Aramis.

It's still at £17.60 at M&S at the moment. The sale has been on much longer than I remember in the past. They did run out a couple of days ago but it shows in stock now. They did increase the min. order value from £30 to £50 for free delivery though. Or get it delivered to local M&S store free.
Hi Stan,
Have gathered from your posts that you love your EDT , but have spent some time trying to get those that really press the button.
Being from another era have not got into EDT too much, have a couple I have used for special occasions. In fact over the last few weeks , have had some great shaves and felt so comfortable that no A/S needed , and nowadays have no need for a balm.Why not just settle for getting a good shave , and stay with a couple of those EDT that you have liked in the past , might save you the hassle of going through what seems to be a never ending list of EDT on the market. I note Georgio Armani alone
have 10 Fragrances. Jaguar have 13 at least !
Mike B

Last edited:
Hi Stan,
Have gathered from your posts that you love your EDT , but have spent some time trying to get those that really press the button.
Being from another era have not got into EDT too much, have a couple I have used for special occasions. In fact over the last few weeks , have had some great shaves and felt so comfortable that no A/S needed , and nowadays have no need for a balm.Why not just settle for getting a good shave , and stay with a couple of those EDT that you have liked in the past , might save you the hassle of going through what seems to be a never ending list of EDT on the market. I note Georgio Armani alone
have 10 Fragrances. Jaguar have 13 at least !
Mike B

Thanks for your thoughts there, Mike. Appreciated.

A couple of different angles...the first being the actual shave itself and I honestly think I've cracked that (important) step. Have accrued a good and pleasant selection of soaps, creams, razors, blades...almost entirely as a result of listening to recommendations here. And have plenty of pre and post shave balms, oils and 'after shaves' and virtually always finish the pre shave, the shave itself and the post shave applications feeling happy and satisfied.

All of the items associated with the above have smells that I like, otherwise I'd have discarded them. But none of those items have smells that remain for any length of time. Which brings us to the EDTs and EDPs. It is the case that I've found a core of flavours that I'm attracted to and if I had to chooses two favourites they would be Encre Noire and Gurlain Vetiver followe by any number of citrus scents. Most of those core favourites last for a couple of hours at the most...a reasonable time but nothing more.

I have always had a couple of favourite smellies since my twenties ... Aramis, Eau Sauvage and Acqua di Selva (used to be by Victor and now Visconti di Modrone).

But since subscribing to TSR I admit to having caught the bug - hence following up different recommendations re. EDT, EDP and Cologne.

And truth be told have very much enjoyed trying lots of different stuff. Some has been dreadful to my nose...and other stuff delightful. I've tried stuff in shops and also bought blind and in consequence have acquired lots of bottles which I like very much. But have sold a few too. All of which is absolutely fine by me.

Yes, I've spent a small fortune on all the stuff that has arrived here in the past year and a bit but I'll live with that given the pleasure I've had.

But, to get back to the point, I've been (sort of) engaged on a good natured and casual mission of finding EDT or EDP that actually lasts long enough for me to be aware that I've actually put something on. And in all honesty it's just a bit of fun and I enjoy the time spent. And I'm happy to pursue the Holy Grail but realising that I might not find it...mainly, probably, because my skin type obviously doesn't retain most smells for long.

As has been spoken of - the only product that has genuinely stayed with me all day (and then a bit more), and which I've enjoyed wearing, has been Creed Aventus. And members here have offered advice about that too. For which I'm gratedful.

So, in summary, I'll listen to your thoughts, Mike (as I try always to do) and bear in mind what you say. But hope I've explained my line of thinking a bit.

Thanks again.

Last edited:
Thanks for your thoughts there, Mike. Appreciated.

A couple of different angles...the first being the actual shave itself and I honestly think I've cracked that (important) step. Have accrued a good and pleasant selection of soaps, creams, razors, blades...almost entirely as a result of listening to recommendations here. And have plenty of pre and post shave balms, oils and 'after shaves' and virtually always finish the pre shave, the shave itself and the post shave applications feeling happy and satisfied.

All of the items associated with the above have smells that I like, otherwise I'd have discarded them. But none of those items have smells that remain for any length of time. Which brings us to the EDTs and EDPs. It is the case that I've found a core of flavours that I'm attracted to and if I had to chooses two favourites they would be Encre Noire and Gurlain Vetiver followe by any number of citrus scents. Most of those core favourites last for a couple of hours at the most...a reasonable time but nothing more.

I have always had a couple of favourite smellies since my twenties ... Aramis, Eau Sauvage and Acqua di Selva (used to be by Victor and now Visconti di Modrone).

But since subscribing to TSR I admit to having caught the bug - hence following up different recommendations re. EDT, EDP and Cologne.

And truth be told have very much enjoyed trying lots of different stuff. Some has been dreadful to my nose...and other stuff delightful. I've tried stuff in shops and also bought blind and in consequence have acquired lots of bottles which I like very much. But have sold a few too. All of which is absolutely fine by me.

Yes, I've spent a small fortune on all the stuff that has arrived here in the past year and a bit but I'll live with that given the pleasure I've had.

But, to get back to the point, I've been (sort of) engaged on a good natured and casual mission of finding EDT or EDP that actually lasts long enough for me to be aware that I've actually put something on. And in all honesty it's just a bit of fun and I enjoy the time spent. And I'm happy to pursue the Holy Grail but realising that I might not find it...mainly, probably, because my skin type obviously doesn't retain most smells for long.

As has been spoken of - the only product that has genuinely stayed with me all day (and then a bit more), and which I've enjoyed wearing, has been Creed Aventus. And members here have offered advice about that too. For which I'm gratedful.

So, in summary, I'll listen to your thoughts, Mike (as I try always to do) and bear in mind what you say. But hope I've explained my line of thinking a bit.

Thanks again.
Stan,
I already realised you were on bit of a mission, I got that way with razors. Just enjoy what you are doing , a bit of retail therapy helps, and you must have a very tolerant wife.
Cheers Mike

It's more a case of her having to put up with me since 1967 and has probably been ground down by my misdeeds and all manner of inappropriate behaviour.

(or it could be my pension that keeps her here, of course?) :)

Back
Top Bottom