Why have I not seen Jaguar EDT mentioned here?

Monotheme Leather is a real stayer.... well, on me it is...and most things are poor on me. It's strong and fruity and apparently very similar to Tom Ford Leather. Very different to most of the other stuff I have. The Leather is as distinctive and strong in much the same way as A'men is distinctive and fairly strong on me, and in the same sort of way that Aramis Havana and Eau Sauvage EDP are both strong albeit VERY different from the standard Eau Sauvage and standard Aramis.

It's still at £17.60 at M&S at the moment. The sale has been on much longer than I remember in the past. They did run out a couple of days ago but it shows in stock now. They did increase the min. order value from £30 to £50 for free delivery though. Or get it delivered to local M&S store free.

Just checked - can't sniff the Rose Oud locally so it'll have to be another blind buy. I'll order two bottles and go to Exeter and collect. If, by some act of misfortune, it doesn't touch the spot I'll return the second bottle then and there and keep the opened bottle and just hope it grows on me. I've got three of the Leathers though and I think it's the longest lasting smelly after the Creed Aventus (which was AMAZINGLY long lasting but, as discussed, a tad pricey).

Ordered! Two bottles on the way!

Oh my giddy aunt! Oh my word!

Collected the Rose Oud just after midday. Sprayed some on inside the car outside the shop to see what it was like.

This is obviously not a rant against the gentleman who recommended I try it. But....OH MY....I cannot stand this stuff. The Mrs. caught a whiff and screwed her nose up straight away and immediately left the car and was seen retching in the corner of the car park.. But that in itself doesn't necessarily mean I wouldn't like it. However I absolutely can't abide it. So sweet and sickly. I swear it could induce vomiting in my case too. Certainly a headache ensued. Yes, I mixed it with the Leather as a last resort as suggested. No, it didn't help the situation.

Powerful? Not half!...it's incredible. The smell just won't go away. I've used kitchen spray, Swarfega, cellulose thinners and spray-on electrical contact cleaner...and then doused the area with other smellies - and it keeps repeating like curry does the next day. Only I like curry and see the repeating procedure as a bonus...increased value for money and all that.

Due to a mix up I was sent four bottles instead of two - I think they were freebies too...but I've sent all four back as soon as I could get them boxed back up again.

I'm now in a state of trauma. I'm mentally scarred. I'm not sure life will be the same again. I seek counselling from other victims of Olfactory Overload Syndrome who can, maybe, assure me thing are gonna be OK.

The garage is collecting the car tomorrow to try to get rid of the smell which clings to all the surfaces of the interior.

I need to sign off now as the Paramedic has just arrived. He's ordered a decontamination team...he said they'll get here as soon as they can. I just hope they make it in time.

Guess you'll just have to keep a jar of Vicks decongestant in the car D/Stan. Smear a tad underneath your nostrils on entering the vehicle for the next few weeks. It works just fine at the scenes of undiscovered sudden deaths, so should assist. Oh, and Brut original is a good 1st step back onto the fragrance trail.

JohnnyO. o/

Thanks, Johnny. Actually, just had a nice hot shower and a shave etc etc with lots of oils and unguents liberally applied.

Much refreshed and cleansed and detoxificated and I now feel like a new man.

:)

Whilst at the M&S collection point I allowed the bloke who was dealing with the transaction to have sniff of the stuff. He, in turn, sought the opinion of another male assistant...they both rather turned their noses up (but in a most diplomatic manner, as they would given it was M&S) but one said "it smells Like Brut". I didn't actually think it did but wasn't going to start a discussion on the issue. But I'm not all that fond of Brut either these days.

Last edited:
And does it smell of anything nice?
If you are asking me? Yes to me it smells nice, I am rubbish at explaining the smells, but I can say it is a modern fresh smell. Nothing special or a Unique smell. It's ok I suppose. If I was in a shop to buy an AfterShave and if I had smelt this one I don't think I would buy it to be honest, only because it's not a special smell just ordinary scent

At least the short lived Vetivers remain Stan, enjoy ...

Johnnyo_O/

Yes they do, Johnny, And long may it remain that way. I put my head in the tiger's mouth and the the tiger said, "WTF is that dreadful smell".... and he let me go without biting my head off. I learned a lesson. Life's like that you know.

Is that enough old tripe for one post?

If you are asking me? Yes to me it smells nice, I am rubbish at explaining the smells, but I can say it is a modern fresh smell. Nothing special or a Unique smell. It's ok I suppose. If I was in a shop to buy an AfterShave and if I had smelt this one I don't think I would buy it to be honest, only because it's not a special smell just ordinary scent

I was indeed... and thank you for helping out there. It's possible I might have taken a punt on it - but I sense exactly what you're saying and don't feel any need to pursue it further now. Another couple of pounds that have been rescued from the grip of my greed.

Kevon @DevonStan - I haven't tried the Jaguar EdT but, whilst we are on the subject of cars, I can recommend Mercedes-Benz Intense EdT.

Official description is "Opening notes of bergamot, amalfi lemon and mandarin orange. With middle notes of galbanum, nutmeg, violet and pepper. All on a base of vetiver, patchouli and virginia cedar."

I say - it's quite similar to Farenheit (by Dior), and that, of course, is a good thing...:cool:

If I may quote Big Bopper...or even Jerry Lee Lewis...

Oh baby, you KNOW what I like!
Yes it sounds excellent. Many thanks for the pointer. I have to admit to have been made a tad wary by having such high hopes with the Rose Oud...but then to have had my expectation knocked for six. I was lucky to have been able to try it and return to M&S without cost...(thanks M&S).

I just read up and it sounds powerful for most users. It's not outrageously pricey here ... http://www.mankind.co.uk/mercedes-b...tm_medium=affiliate&utm_campaign=AffiliateWin

I'll keep checking to make sure there isn't anywhee in Exeter I can have a sniff.

Thanks again, Martin.

Back
Top Bottom