Who is getting the ATT Bamboo SE1?

I'm looking forward to reviews on this one...
Should be interesting, the 2 reviewers I have researched (TSE and Zeppelinkarte) both mention it being the best razor they have used. This being stated within five shaves. Bar set high.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Ditto ....... I was a little disappointed in the shave from the Mongoose, for all that it's a gorgeous razor. Too bloody mild. I'll wait until some more shave reviews before I decide it's a priority as a shaver, or on the list of future acquisitions as a collectible.
This was the debate I had with myself. Then I thought about all my past ATT purchases and realised I haven't had a bad experience. Cha-ching! Money sent, anticipation eating away, bring on the Scotch!

Should be interesting, the 2 reviewers I have researched (TSE and Zeppelinkarte) both mention it being the best razor they have used. This being stated within five shaves. Bar set high.

Correction, both reviewers stated it was the best SE they've used, excluding having tried the OneBlade. ;)

Looks very nice though, and ATT has an excellent track record. :cool:

I'm down for the SE, and I've had M1/R1/R2/H1 and still have S1/S2.

The tea stains annoy me (which I gather could be sorted with a higher grade of steel), and the silly little pins in the caps annoy me. At least with the SE, the pins are better :)

I'm down for the SE, and I've had M1/R1/R2/H1 and still have S1/S2.

The tea stains annoy me (which I gather could be sorted with a higher grade of steel), and the silly little pins in the caps annoy me. At least with the SE, the pins are better :)

I'm not sure why Stan goes with the lower grade 303 Stainless rather than the 316 or marine grade 316L... It would certainly help with longevity/tea stains/rusting.

From researching this razor I think the general consensus is that it's rather expensive. This has been a trend with ATT I guess it's balancing quality with performance, the old bugger.

That's a good question. Rocnel uses 316 and the price of their Artist Club SE looks to be set at $85.
Rocnel are a factory. ATT a small operation. At first, Rocnel listed for pre-order for 25$, now it's about 35$ (correct me if I'm wrong), with a new handle that does not fit their accompanying stand. Also, they preferred supplying vendors before fulfillment of pre-orders. Add shipping costs and the still yet to be confirmed price of 85$ might soar even further. I have no problem with Rocnel and actually really like their razor, but service and quality costs.
Anyway, what's wrong with any kind of SS? Seriously, people hunt for vintage razors of lesser materials and enjoy them, so stains are the problem? It would surely survive long after we are gone, and passed on. It may be a hobby to some, and it's their right to pursue it as such, but it is first and foremost a tool. ATT razors are not above all else, but Stan delivers superb quality, great customer service, and with steady supply with no waiting lists for his main-line razors, something that cannot be said for same price or more expensive razors.

He already explained his decision regarding the type of material, a decision that was reached after consulting with manufacturing experts, regarding both final cost for the consumer and ability of machining process.

I do not intend to spark a fight with those that do not agree with me, so don't take it the wrong way - there's place (and demand) for 200$+ razors. I myself cannot afford such a premium for a razor.

I would buy one in a blink but not with this handle :(

I must be the odd duck, but that particular bamboo is one of my favorite looking handles! In any case, a lot of these SS razors are too heavy. By shaving off, in grooves, a lot of the metal, reports indicate that it is a lot lighter than your standard SS handle.

From a business perspective, it's smart, too. By forcing the sale of a new, desired razor with a less conventional handle, it will build up buzz about a new handle type that a lot of guys haven't tried. If reviews are good, more guys will be interested in the handle, and then Stan will offer both as stand alone options.

@DonnerJack I agree with everything you say and you'll get no fight from me. After all, despite the choice of steel, I'm still going to buy the ATT SE.

It's more about comparison with ATT's peers. The Wolfman doesn't tea-stain, and has better designed pegs. That's all.

It's absolutely a first world problem.

@DonnerJack I agree with everything you say and you'll get no fight from me. After all, despite the choice of steel, I'm still going to buy the ATT SE.

It's more about comparison with ATT's peers. The Wolfman doesn't tea-stain, and has better designed pegs. That's all.

It's absolutely a first world problem.
Indeed, first world problems :)
I also find the pegs slightly annoying at times, but never did I have an issue with blade placement, so I guess it works.

Back
Top Bottom