Who is getting the ATT Bamboo SE1?

I hear you Nishy...shipping and customs have gone crazy lately. Phil is based in the US so that's definitely a concern for you. I'll keep an eye out if I see any deals being posted...have you checked with Connaught to see if they are carrying the artist lineup?

When you have a nap and dream of this razor, you know it's either time to buy it or go to the quacks. So ordered. Can anyone provide a site where I can order the different SE blades? I used shave dash before but want the blades boxed if possible.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
I buy Feather Artist SE blades from a UK seller on eBay. They're not more expensive than buying from Japan and they're delivered within 1-2 days.

Thanks for the suggestions, unfortunately this being a US site, postage and customs are likely to get a bite. But taking advice, I have ordered a 20 pack of feather supers (research indicates this is closest to a 7/8 straight razor experience) as I prefer more aggressive shaves. Also a mix pack of various feathers and Kai blades from Shavedash. Got to try and locate some of these for the 'shop' now.

What is the opinion on Kamisori SE blades?

I'm a fussy feather blade user, or so it seems. I have an alumigoose v1 which I love, a SS mongoose B3 which is OK, and a non-folding Feather Artist Club which I am too inept to use without plunging into my face.

My experience, with the mongeese, is that I don't like Feather Pro, I love Feather Super, and so far the Kamisori blades I ordered from Yoi Scissors have been underwhelming. I am actually hoping the ATT SE will work well with the Kamisori blades, as I bought 2 packs.

I'm a fussy feather blade user, or so it seems. I have an alumigoose v1 which I love, a SS mongoose B3 which is OK, and a non-folding Feather Artist Club which I am too inept to use without plunging into my face.

My experience, with the mongeese, is that I don't like Feather Pro, I love Feather Super, and so far the Kamisori blades I ordered from Yoi Scissors have been underwhelming. I am actually hoping the ATT SE will work well with the Kamisori blades, as I bought 2 packs.
Thanks being a noob to SE apart from a few days with a Mongoose, I'm trying to figure out which blade will be best suited for me. I am a straight razor user as well as DE. From prototype reviews it seems the ATT tames many SE blades, but the feather supers provide the most aggressive set up.

I don't understand why but the Feather Pro blades were rough as a sailor's arse for me. The Super is smooth as silk. Kamisori has just been a bit meh so far. I hope they perform better with the ATT.

Also, Feather make a light blade that doesn't work with the Mongoose. I wonder if it will work with the ATT.

Ah the 'light' that was in my sampler pack. With the goose I found the feather Pro guard to be the mildest, Kai was very average at best and the Professionals too harsh. It will be interesting to see the difference the ATT makes if any.

Thanks for the suggestions, unfortunately this being a US site, postage and customs are likely to get a bite. But taking advice, I have ordered a 20 pack of feather supers (research indicates this is closest to a 7/8 straight razor experience) as I prefer more aggressive shaves. Also a mix pack of various feathers and Kai blades from Shavedash. Got to try and locate some of these for the 'shop' now.

How about getting a blade sampler from Razor Blades club?
They do international shipping (out of Sweden) for 1€/$/£.

Back
Top Bottom