Which Vintage DE Razor for Newbie?

For a newbie I would definitely recommend a Gillette Super speed, Tech or Aristocrat nice mild, efficient shavers. I would highly suggest at some point to try an adjustable, either way your gonna end up buying more.

For a newbie I would definitely recommend a Gillette Super speed, Tech or Aristocrat nice mild, efficient shavers. I would highly suggest at some point to try an adjustable, either way your gonna end up buying more.
Gillette Slim or Super Adjustable (Black Beauty). Both are well made and give you room to experiment within sensible boundaries.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

For a newbie, I would recommend the Fatboy or the slim adjustable. They might cost a little more than say a Gillette old or new, but they are not getting any cheaper and you will end up making money when you want to sell. I would always recommend an adjustable to a DE newcomer, to establish the level of aggressiveness that suits them. From there, the sky is the limit.

Last edited:
For a newbie, I would recommend the Fatboy or the slim adjustable. They might cost a little more than say a Gillette old or new, but they are not getting any cheaper and you will end up making money when you want to sell. I would always recommend an adjustable to an newcomer to wet DE shaving to establish the level of aggressiveness that suits them. From there, the sky is the limit.
^ This is very good advice ^

Many thanks everyone, sorry not had chance to reply sooner.

I just fancy giving a vintage DE Razor a go now that I have experience with my modern one, will be nice to see how they compare. Don't think in brave enough yet to go with single blade.

I've spotted these on eBay

Are these any good?

{Mod Edit. Links to live auctions are not permitted.}

Which is worth bidding on? They all seem in good order and condition.

Last edited by a moderator:
I doubt those Fatboy will stay at those prices,..the spotting on the doors would put me off the '60,...
The "61 looks better, but that won't go for £40,....

Back
Top Bottom