Which soap next?

Right time to try something else, I have narrowed it down to 3 hard soaps that I'd like to try but what would you recommend I get (1st :lol:)

• Godrej Shaving Round
    Mitchelles Woolfat
    Tabac[/list:u]

FWIW I have hard water.

Howdy Jeltz

Never tried Godrej, so....

Tabac is the benchmark in my humble opinion.

MWF is not for everyone, The Marmite of soaps I've heard it described as. I have soft water and it still takes a bit of work to get right (narrow sweetspot). Some have an intolerance to lanolin, in saying that, when it's right it is a remarkable performer.

Buy the Tabac from Fragrance X. ;)

Another vote for Tabac ;)

Jeltz, I have a Godrej round which I received as a pif and have used about twice and 'probably' won't use again. PM me is you want it.

quattrojames said:
Another vote for Tabac ;)

Jeltz, I have a Godrej round which I received as a pif and have used about twice and 'probably' won't use again. PM me is you want it.
Thank's thats a generous offer, PM sent ;)

My next soap will be Tabac. Currently going through EJ Sea Buckthorn.

If anyone is going to India give me a shout so i can get you to bring me back some Godrej :lol:

Twinnumber2 said:

If anyone is going to India give me a shout so i can get you to bring me back some Godrej :lol:

Monsavon? Brilliant soap, cheap as frites in France

Godrej is just about the king of creams, for what I've tried anyway. The big London companies produce a nicer scent, but for the price, Godrej produces an amazing lather.

I'd be tempted to try those very cheap Godrej shaving rounds. If you can get a cream right, you can probably do a soap well too.

Twinnumber2 said:

Do you want the cream or hard soap?

heroblob said:
Twinnumber2 said:

I will try either or. Does the hard soap work well with soft water?

Twinnumber2 said:
heroblob said:
Twinnumber2 said:

I will try either or. Does the hard soap work well with soft water?

If you are in the uk and would like to try a godrej cream drop me a PM with your address and i will send you one.

Back
Top Bottom