Which is the best SE Injector shaver?

I should have just Googled, "Best ten injector razors" because I'll bet he'd have pictures so I could know what he was talking about. I realise now the stupidity of asking the question here in TSR - how naive to think there would be one, single, solitary, agreed upon stand-out injector razor.

Anyway, both razors did a clean themselves job in the Barbicide and are ready for action. I've managed to release a cartridge (?) of seven blades made somewhere so all that's left is to figure out how to get an undamaged blade into the Grip - and shave!

My sincere thanks for all your varied input, much of which is unintelligible to me and the rest very confusing but I can tell you have enjoyed your little squabbles so all has ended well - subject to the shave quality I get in a while. This is not a rabbit hole I intend exploring because the handles are too wee and clearly designed for pussies. I have enough weaponry - I think - to tide me over till the release of the Kickstarter SE razor with its manly handle, which this little foray has been about.

Having put my specs on, I have discovered the source of a plethora of paper cuts which make taking snuff a tad stingy - both razors have old blades in them! Cooky design - needing a gizmo to inject blades and not being able to remove the last one used. Maybe I should have contented myself with rotating my Mongeese.

But hey! two new skills to learn this morning ...

Edit: Oh! Billy! I posted too soon! Pictures! You fail on the availability criterion but succeed in all else! Solid plastic! How can a man resist??

PS Edit: I find it very hard to see a floating head in action in a still photograph but nice try!

You probably know this Sir, but just in case as this catches a lot of folks out....Any injector you get that is empty its good practice to load a blade and then load a second one and eject the first one....You are now good to go...The reason for this is that injectors are not meant to be loaded when empty and the first blade is likely to run across the blade stops and render it useless.....PAL injectors have smaller and tighter heads than Schick's and this especially applies to them....You have always got to be more carful when loading PAL injectors anyway due to the tighter heads....o_O

Billy

Well! - that went very well and very easy! Seems I got a new blade in without damaging the edge and then using the Grip was like shaving with a cartridge! When applying a/s and balm, I realised it wasn't quite as BBS as I'd thought but still a bloody good shave. I'm impressed with these things, extrapolating to include all Schicks, perhaps unfairly and certainly in ignorance.

It immediately becomes obvious why the KickStarter guy designed a modern SE injector and was over-subscribed so quickly - this injector razor malarky is a great shaving tool and must be enjoyed by many people - but it is crying out for modernization and a man sized handle!

Personna Injector II Floating Head Razor...o_O
DSC_0120_zpsydfnwuao.jpg

Another shot...:rolleyes:
DSC_0119_zpsqxnvjezl.jpg

Floating head In Action....:)
DSC_0123_zpsbgjxcumz.jpg

And lastly....:eek:
DSC_0121_zpszqzlwbbk.jpg
O
On the subject of what's the best Injector ..This baby has got to be the "Rolls Royce of Injectors" ....These are rare as they were not made long due to Gillette's mass production of twin head cartridge systems shortly after they copied this idea for pivoting heads.....As you can see the head moves up and down by a spring loaded mechanism ....This is not like any modern cartridge system....The head in this razor moves up and down and glides over the contours of the face very much like the suspension system in a motor car....I have had a shave with this thing and its like shaving with a Rolls Royce....I ended up with what I would call the most perfect BBS Result with it....The Personna 11 Injector is just Ultra Smooth, Aggressive, Very Forgiving and ever so efficient .....I have got to say that its got to be one of the most efficient injector that I have ever come across....I utilized an NOS Gillette Twin Trac 11 Injector blade....Amazing...:).

Now the Crazy Yanker from over the Pond will say its all in my head and that I only think that I like when I really Don't....But I really don't believe him...:D

This Razor is made of Solid Plastic, but the Head & Floating Mechanism are made of chrome plated steel....We don't need a modern stainless steel injector to get the ultimate shaving experience...:cool:

After all the Plastic M16 Assault Rife has mown down more folks than the Hiroshima & Nagasaki Bombs put together....:D

Billy

Gee thanks...now I want one of those....

...need to stop reading this thread....

Well! - that went very well and very easy! Seems I got a new blade in without damaging the edge and then using the Grip was like shaving with a cartridge! When applying a/s and balm, I realised it wasn't quite as BBS as I'd thought but still a bloody good shave. I'm impressed with these things, extrapolating to include all Schicks, perhaps unfairly and certainly in ignorance.

It immediately becomes obvious why the KickStarter guy designed a modern SE injector and was over-subscribed so quickly - this injector razor malarky is a great shaving tool and must be enjoyed by many people - but it is crying out for modernization and a man sized handle!
I wouldn't mind a current injector Sir....But that KickStarter you are referring to is a Clone of the Personna Executive Injector that was regarded by many as the Cream of the Crop...These are light agile and manoeuvrable ....I forget the weight of the New One but its Crazy Heavy because its made of Stainless Steel....Injectors were designed to be light and agile.....This New Modern one is like a sledge hammer...:eek:

Personna Executive Injector...o_O
DSC_0113_zpshria7gty.jpg

Modern and it has a Man Size Handle.....:D

Billy

So you're saying the Kickstarter clone is to injectors what Pils is to DEs? Bring it on!

See, rabbit holes and me! You've given me another bay search to monitor! Unless you have a spare to sell?

So you're saying the Kickstarter clone is to injectors what Pils is to DEs? Bring it on!

See, rabbit holes and me! You've given me another bay search to monitor! Unless you have a spare to sell?
These are very rare as they were only made for a short period of time round about the same time as the Floating Head 11...These razors were made with the best engineers and Scientists from the Rocket & Space programme and cutting edge technologies that would not be possible for any individual to replicate today....Their is no modern injector that will better them for sure...For starters, modern Injector blades are substandard to say the least and that's what modern razors are designed to use....That's like a modern assault rifle being designed to fit sub standard ammunition....o_O

I mean the M16 assault Rifle that was designed using the same Rocket & Space programme technologies and is still being used today....Its still being used today because there is nothing more Modern that is better ....:)

Billy

Last edited:
The one on the Left is the early E Type 2 that opens....Its the most aggressive....The second one has an off centred spring the same as the first one, but it does not open as it has a Nub on the both sides of the spring....This one is slightly less aggressive than the first one because the head sits at a slightly different angle....The One on the Far Right Is a Type E 2, 1941 with Circles embossed into its top side and they are heavier gold plated and slightly heavier in the hand...This was the first Type E with a centred spring....o_O

Billy

Cheers, Billy. An E 2 it is, then. After I sliced myself with a straight last weekend & wanted something that I knew would go easy on me, I went straight to that one.

Didn't the M16 get a bad reputation at Rourke's Drift? Jamming when hot and dusty?
Aye, You're correct Sir....Eugene stoner that designed the original Armalite got that many obstacles put in his way from the higher echelons of the US Military and Congress that he finally sold the Patents and production rights over to Colt who made the AR 15 which was then designated as the M 16 which was issued to US troops in Vietnam in the 1960s .....The problem was that the US Military were involved in its trials and design and they did not want a smaller calibre .223/5.56 rifle ...The US Military wanted to keep the M 14 which was a 7.62 calibre weapon....o_O

I understand why the US Military done this as most soldiers that have used a 7.62 rifle in Combat will prefer a larger calibre longer range weapon...This is as controversial today as it was back in the Mid 1960s....:D

Because the US Military more or less took over its final trials and some of them conspired to build design flaws into the weapon so it would fail any ongoing tests in the field so it would be rejected ...The US Military neglected to fit the weapon with a Chromium Chamber that was originally intended and the weapon jammed up and stopped functioning in the field.....The US Military were also responsible for giving the troops misinformation that the M 16 was self cleaning and no cleaning kits and or training on how to disassemble the weapon were provided....:cool:

The US Military to this day have blamed this on 5.56 ammunition that was clogging up the weapon but the neglect to fit the weapon with a Chromium Chamber was the real culprit to destroy its credibility along side gross misinformation and lack of training on the weapon ...The US Military had also been involved in the development and trials of allowing ammunition to be used in the M 16 that contributed to clogging it up...:rolleyes:

It was a Tragedy because no one knows how many US Troops were killed when it stopped functioning in the field as it was designed to do by the Upper Echelons of the US Military with the sole purpose of getting rid of it to keep the earlier M 14....:eek:

Billy

Last edited:
Cheers, Billy. An E 2 it is, then. After I sliced myself with a straight last weekend & wanted something that I knew would go easy on me, I went straight to that one.
Nice shavers the Type E 2 Injectors....I use a Chinese Schick Blade in mine...They are far more forgiving in the earlier E Types and ever so smooth...o_O ..I find that the Personna Blade can be more than a tad harsh in them and they are more likely to offer a bite than the Chinese Blades...:eek:

This is where some folks loose out on using a "One Blade Fits All" attitude for injectors.....:)

Billy

What sort of Head is on a Schick Grip, please, Billy? I have to say I'm impressed with mine! Three shaves in I seem to have the angle dialled correctly and had myself an easy, relaxed BBS this morning - not thinking about angle or anything, just got on with shaving as you do with a familiar razor.

This was my third shave from the same blade and I reckon it is good for more - a DE blade is draggy for me after two. How many shaves does an SE injector blade run to? Chinese from Amazon.

The Schick Grip has got an L Type head on it ..It was known as the Schick Grip L 3 Model....The L Type head is the same as the later M Type Schick Adjustable Head Sir...In other words, the Schick Adjustable has an L Type Head with an adjustable feature....That's the only difference between an L & M Type ..:rolleyes:

Well, I am surprized about those Chinese Blades as am on a 7th shave with one and its still sharp....I have never gotten anymore than 4 shaves with any other bade as I have Cast Iron Whiskers Sir...o_O

Billy

Ladies Eversharp Razor.....o_O
DSC_0126_zpscr82ofhh.jpg

I am surprized by how efficient this Wee Ladies Eversharp Injector is....It has the Hydro Magic Function and with an NOS Schick Krona Injector Blade its as smooth as icing on a cake....I am "Tickled Pink" with it...:p:p

Billy

Back
Top Bottom