Which Bay rum do you recommend ?

Hi Damian,
Think the longest lasting Bay Rum would be the Pinaud already mentioned. You can also use it as a cologne if you choose. I didn't find it particularly fierce as an A/S. Think the Executive Shaving Co still carry it for online ordering. Best of luck obtaining it anyway m8.
JohnnyO.

I have no real sense of how aunthentic a bay rum smell they might or might not have, but I've made my own shaving oil and ASL. I like them, and I find they work well for me in practical applications for slip, buffer, armour values for the oil, and soothe/calm, moisturise and recovery/healing properties for the balm.

They probably don't last too long 'lingering scent-wise' but that's ok for me, as I prefer not to be that readily trackable.

<!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.bonnydoonfarm.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">www.bonnydoonfarm.com</a><!-- w --> owned by Gary and Dianne Meehan in California. The men's line under their surname has an outstanding bay rum of all natural ingredients with bulgarian rose water for a twist. 4 oz @ $25 USD. It's made in small batches and aged with a growing list of vendors or farm direct.
Bay rums, perhaps more than any scent have a wide range of offerings from the wretched to the sublime that could rival a whisky or wine tasting party.

Kav said:
http://www.bonnydoonfarm.com owned by Gary and Dianne Meehan in California. The men's line under their surname has an outstanding bay rum of all natural ingredients with bulgarian rose water for a twist. 4 oz @ $25 USD. It's made in small batches and aged with a growing list of vendors or farm direct.
Bay rums, perhaps more than any scent have a wide range of offerings from the wretched to the sublime that could rival a whisky or wine tasting party.

looks very nice, but they don't ship intl to the UK, and nobody in the UK stocks it.....so ...erm....well.......there we go

So erm well I know vendors do not ship international because of mailing restrictions, so erm well, maybe I need to look into shipping privately and see if postal inspectors here and there would make a fuss over a bottle. It's amazing what draws attention or not. I gifted a coyote pelt to a UK friend wanting to make a parka ruff. I personally love the animal and in the face of shrinking wilderness they have a ever increasing range, hardly endangered.UK customs siezed it :roll:

Kav said:
So erm well I know vendors do not ship international because of mailing restrictions, so erm well, maybe I need to look into shipping privately and see if postal inspectors here and there would make a fuss over a bottle. It's amazing what draws attention or not. I gifted a coyote pelt to a UK friend wanting to make a parka ruff. I personally love the animal and in the face of shrinking wilderness they have a ever increasing range, hardly endangered.UK customs siezed it :roll:

I work in a bonded cargo shed at Heathrow, and we work closely with UK Customs, you would be amazed at how much stuff gets opened, checked, and detained....

things you would think are quite legitimate....but now that customs have merged with the border agency and work and pensions, they seem to have limitless powers, and want to investigate everything !!

just wish we had more artisans and suppliers here in the uk that would cater for shaving stuff, like is available in the usa, fortunatley we do have some very skilled people on here that are able to supply us with such nice things

I well recall from a time working at Glasgow Airport that "even" as the waterguard HM Customs & Excise had way wider powers in many fields than the civil (or uncivil, depending upon your local cops) police services. The word draconian springs to what I am pleased to term my mind. I can't imagine that many of these powers to enter, seize, detain and intercept have been at all diluted in the present climate of paranoid security. But then as a sensei of mine used to say, "Total paranoia = absolute security". He took that to such an extreme that last time I heard he was being detained very securely indeed !

JohnnyO. :(

Pashana, smells amazing, best one i have found, i know (before anyone else says) it's a hair & Scalp tonic, but it does the same thing, and the ingredients on this and the benjamins bay rum aftershave are nearly identical...

PASHBAYRUM_s.gif

+1 on the Pashana

I have the Pashana, Boots and Ogallala Bay Rums and I like the Pashana best, just under £5 from Courts Pharmacy in Walton-on-Thames.

Tony

Tony_B said:
+1 on the Pashana

I have the Pashana, Boots and Ogallala Bay Rums and I like the Pashana best, just under £5 from Courts Pharmacy in Walton-on-Thames.

Tony

Do they do anything else shaving related un that pharmacy, as it's not a million miles from me !! ;)

Kav said:

a COYOTE PELT?

Well, OK, except I misread it as a PEYOTE CELT: visions of a seriously stoned red-head being mailed from the US and detained at Heathrow.

Oh man that messed with my mind until I went back and re-read it.

Places cold towel on your firehead and opens favourite booze. Now drink this slowly as I check your shaving soap and cologne for drug tampering. :ugeek:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.sallyexpress.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.sallyexpress.com</a><!-- m --> i have tried the bay rum from here, it is very good, £5, if it lasted that bit longer it would be superb. *** out of *****

Back
Top Bottom