Which Bay rum do you recommend ?

I got some D R Harris Bay rum in a sample from Connaught. I really like it but it but it does'nt last very long at all ,maybe an hour.
I'm looking for recommendations . What do you think I should get?

I bought some TOBS Bay Rum blind from Connaught. Purely because I Loved the scent (note the capital L) of Boots £2 Bay Rum hair tonic.

The TOBS scent is sweeter than the Boots. Vanilla is there in the opening, reminiscent of the old fashioned cinnamon balls sweets from days gone past. I like it, but I think I prefer the Boots scent which is a little more sharp and boozy. The TOBS could be likened to a spiced rum and coke, whereas the Boots is neat rum with cloves.

Unfortunately on both the scent is all but gone way too quickly. TOBS lasting a little longer than the Boots.

I'm now a confirmed Bay Rum Fan, and am looking forward to trying some other versions. At the price, you could do a lot worse than the TOBS.

Try Benjamin's Bay Rum.

£2.00 for 250ml.

Look for market stalls catering for the West Indian community in your area.

Great stuff.

Cheers Guys !!
I'll have to add the TOBS bay rum to my next Connaught order .
Is their a Pinaud Bay rum uk supplier online ?
We don't have a west Indian community locally ,but I'll have to keep my eyes peeled :)

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.sallyexpress.com/viewProduct.aspx?pid=051038" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.sallyexpress.com/viewProduct.aspx?pid=051038</a><!-- m -->

I bought a sampler of Pinaud Bay from the dutch shaving shop and loved it so instead of going back and ordering from there i bought the taylors of band street version, not as strong as Pinaud Bay but ok.

Oh by golly it burns.

Not just 'Old Spice' burn, but grip the sink crying like a girl burn.

I had to set fire to my face to cool it down.

moodymick said:
a fiver eh? That does seem quite reasonable :) Now, if only i knew what it smelled like!

I got some from the US last month (brought back on request by my folks after they were over visiting my sister); to me, it smells like a great, ultra-spicy mulled wine. Whilst that may be off-putting to some, it's a smell that just goes round my heart.

joe mcclaine said:
Oh by golly it burns.

:lol: That sounds like a challenge.

DR Harris Bay Rum is nice while it lasts, a bit pricey compared to the Pinaud

joe mcclaine said:
Oh by golly it burns.

The reaction you got doesn't surprise me in the least joe! You've been putting that "Benjamin" stuff in the wrong place! At £2 . 00 a throw it's meant to go on yer head :shock: Have a look on the label - you'll see :lol:

span-bloomin-dex... :D

Back
Top Bottom