Which aftershaves actually work?

Jeltz said:
No range of knowledge as I just started this but I'm finding Boots Freshwood ASB very calming, and was £2.80 I think.

I recently bought some of this (along with Boots soap) - how do you find it?

I find the ASB a tad greasy. The scent of both I'm not mad about either. I love curry, but I don't want my shaving stuff to smell of it!

John

For top trumps on the healing stakes I'd say the best I've ever tried was Zirh Sooth but it comes with a heft price tag and does go on a bit greasy.

2nd place would go to TOBS Mr Taylor Balm (misnomer really cos its more of a gel) works well, however I need to use quite a lot of it to get the desired effect but YMMV.

For the soothing quality vs price battle I'd go with Boots ASB but on the opposite to the TOBS I use little of the boots product as too much will make you feel greasy however the right amount leaves a very nice feeling on my face. To combat the greasyness splash some AS or cologne into it and mix it together before it hits your face.

Wonderful

I enjoy the burn of aftershaves - including the "grip the sink crying like a girl" burn of Pinaud Bay Rum.

Having said that, there are some that feel as if they are actually doing me some good too;

Speick
L'Occitane Cade
D R Harris Pink
Geo F Trumper Skinfood
Aqua Velva - even though I know it is mainly the menthol tricking me.

Back
Top Bottom