Which aftershave balm?

Neither need or want to spend a fortune.

* Connaught has a few for a tenner, Speick or Proraso perhaps? Already have Proraso AS.
* Boots Freshwood balm, can't go wrong for £2.50.
* Henk does one too, shall PM him soon for availability.
* Prof. Blighty, off to research that right now.
* Nivea I've done, fancy something else.
* Body Shop Maca Root Razor Relief I have but it doesn't inspire me.

All observations welcomed ;)

Professor Blighty no question.

Great value, great scents and make your skin feel fantastic.

I've put a review up of his balms so have a look to see my thoughts in a bit more detail.

I see you've done Body Shop maca root... the smell isn't everyone's cup of tea, is that what you didn't get on with? And have you tried another smell? Kristna is nice, smells a little like grapefruit.

I don't mind the smell of the Maca Root, and the cream works well, but the razor relief I just can't get on with, hard to define why, it just doesn't feel very nice on my skin, almost a bit irritating but I wouldn't go that far.

Thanks for the Prof's recommendation Dipesh ;)

Speick = GOOD
Proraso = GOOD

Boots freshwood you'll find tricky to get out of the bottle 'til you've used some, it's a lot thicker than the other two
i got round it by mixing the balm and the a\s 50\50 in a plastic bottle

hando said:
Boots freshwood you'll find tricky to get out of the bottle 'til you've used some, it's a lot thicker than the other two i got round it by mixing the balm and the a\s 50\50 in a plastic bottle

I used to have some of this years ago and it doesn't look like it's changed at all. I remember it because a mate came to visit and asked to use it. I shouted in to the bathroom that you don't need much but it was too late. A load must have splatted on to his hand and he'd tried to use it all but just ended up with it all over his face. :roll:

Professor Blighty said:
Walnut oil is the perfect base for oily skin.

Into that I would add essential oils that are fresh and drying, a combination of Bergamot, Lavender and Cedarwood perhaps.

Then top notes of Lemongrass and Eucalyptus?

For the balm itself I would suggest Aloe Vera Gel, Aloe Vera Juice, Grapeseed Oil all thinned with witch hazel.

Sounds pretty good to me!

quattrojames said:
Professor Blighty said:
Walnut oil is the perfect base for oily skin.

Into that I would add essential oils that are fresh and drying, a combination of Bergamot, Lavender and Cedarwood perhaps.

Then top notes of Lemongrass and Eucalyptus?

For the balm itself I would suggest Aloe Vera Gel, Aloe Vera Juice, Grapeseed Oil all thinned with witch hazel.

Sounds pretty good to me!

Wow, I want those too!

Back
Top Bottom