Where to find a bowl

I'm looking for a dish/bowl for my Cella - it picks up the stain from the wood bowl I've been using it in (an old Trumpers one). The MWF one looks nice but it would play havoc with my OCD to use a branded bowl with a different brand of soap.

If I could get something like that bowl, but in plain white ceramic, I'd be a happy camper. Any ideas where I could look?

Charity shops or somewhere who sells cheap china, creal bowls etc. Or you go to your local potter and get one made. Or one from a shaving suppies retailer where you pay a lot more and still end up with something probably too small.

How about your kitchen or cupboards you have stuffed things away in?

Large supermarkets + high street dept stores usually have a cookware/ceramic section.

Indian super's or CashnCarry's usually stock bowls with lids which is useful.

No doubt Ikea do something.

Local potter? You must be joking squire, the London suburbs are not overflowing with artisanal craftsman as far as I'm aware...My cupboards are mostly full of tupperware or Peppa Pig themed 'tableware'. Not quite the look I was going for.

I found something in stainless steel on Em's Place which will do fine.

Might be worth your while trying a pet supply store (no I am not pulling your leg) for stainless steel pet food bowl, that's what I use and it does the job perfectly for under 4 quid (ok I got mine on ebay but it is still a pet food bowl :lol: ). Or a homeware shop like Lakeland, L'Internacionale etc.

Ainslie

drpbier said:
Local potter? You must be joking squire, the London suburbs are not overflowing with artisanal craftsman as far as I'm aware...My cupboards are mostly full of tupperware or Peppa Pig themed 'tableware'. Not quite the look I was going for.

I would have thought that a bowl with Daddy Pig on it would be rather apt. He looks like he could do with a good shave.

peppa4s.gif

Thanks for all the suggestions everyone. As I mentioned, I did find something suitable on Em's Place. Also, I should have been more specific. I was looking for something with no handle on the lid, or at least a nice flat handle I can stand my brush on. A miso bowl may have been a good option too.

I use the "Grundtal" boxes from IKEA. You can see them here. They are quite good, they are made of stainless steel and with transparent lids (the lids are made of stainless steel and polycarbonate).
The trick is to print an image of the soap (in this case, Cella) and put the printed image inside the lid, facing out.

P1030463.jpg

P1030466.jpg

Back
Top Bottom