When is it time to replace a DE blade?

I usually use a blade 3-4 times.. but if it drags even a little i swap it.
TBH the i often loose track and just swap it out anyway - Rather a new blade than risk a bad shave.

But thats me.

Its a very good question. I swap mine out every 4 shaves whatever, but sometimes on the 4th shave the blade is cutting as well (if not better) than on the 1st. I'm still playing about with different razors, blades creams etc so I swap the blades whatever, but when (if?) I stabilise my use of other products I may do some balde experiments in terms of life span.

I change it every three days regardless if it is dragging or not, four if it is a Swede or other discontinued blade like Polsilver or Czech Nacet's. For the cost it is not worth the hassle, three days is easy to remember for me.

I change my blades weekly. I do start to notice slightly more drag but I don't get a worse shave or more nicks because of it by this point. It's clear from people's responses that there is no general rule. It depends on you, your beard and your blades how often you need to change. 3 or 4 shaves is a good starting point though it would seem.

I shave every day and usually use a blade for three days. Although as blades are so cheap I often change more frequesntly days because I like using a new blade if something good is happening that day (going out for dinner, seeing friends, day off, getting a new car... you get the idea, any excuse really ;) ).

Back
Top Bottom