What Watch Are You Wearing Today?

There can't be many people who have a Harley Davidson AND a Smiths Astral.

I do, and I'm assuming Harleyrider does as well.

Good choice of bike and watch.

Rev-O said:

It`s a very select club I believe.

Granddads Smiths Astral, being thrown out by my dad, sympathetically restored and mine to keep. A Night Rod Special given to me by my wife.

From memory you have a "small collection" of Smiths, I recall your stunning Diver, (Grail), and an MT350 in green, again something I wish to acquire in the future, Wife and funds permitting.

Regards, Daz.

Harleyrider said:
Rev-O said:

It`s a very select club I believe.

Granddads Smiths Astral, being thrown out by my dad, sympathetically restored and mine to keep. A Night Rod Special given to me by my wife.

From memory you have a "small collection" of Smiths, I recall your stunning Diver, (Grail), and an MT350 in green, again something I wish to acquire in the future, Wife and funds permitting.

Regards, Daz.

Ah yes, that's me. Astral Diver now with Jaycey of this parish. Pics in this thread.

"A Night Rod Special given to me by my wife." Surely that should be the other way round?! ;-)

Back to the BR01 from Bell & Ross today. It's worn in rotation with some of the below.

CollectionLume_Small.jpg

Fish

Here's some more that show the straps better. The lighter one really makes the golden lume "pop", and the contrast stitching on the darker one makes it look every inch as posh as it is (or was)

Good little exercise in the difference a strap can make. In terms of visible surface area the strap/bracelet is very large relative to the watch; a lot more significant than, say, a pair of shoes or even a tie are to a suit.

Even more so to the wearer, who is more likely to see the top edge or back (inside) of the wrist and will therefore often see the strap/bracelet as much as or more than the watch itself.

So although I'm down (?!) to half a dozen watches I think I have a about 2 or 3 times as many straps, it's a good way to really change the look and feel of a watch and make it seem new again, or at least refreshingly different.

Timefactors (Eddie Platts) just released his latest two models. Both interesting and possibly highly desirable, to me anyway. Might take a punt on the nato watch. Very different from anything I've seen before. Still love the prs 36 cushion case but twice the price of the nato.

Back
Top Bottom