What Watch Are You Wearing Today?

I had a Lorus digital watch back in the 80's that was great until the clasp broke. Never repaired it & moved on. Regardless, Lorus simply doesn't have much of a presence in the USA nowadays and neither does Seiko's other brand Pulsar like before. But, the watch market is a very bizarre thing nowadays and brick & mortar stores have lost their once premier position. One large retail chain store I was in recently had all their watches in drawers hidden away and the gal working the counter told me they rarely sell any nowadays as younger people use their cell phones. When I asked to see a watch or two she looked at me like I had asked to see a Model T Ford. :rolleyes:

The good news is that Ebay is chock full of good used watches and deals can be had if you have time, patience & a keen eye. ;)

That looks like a hubcap on your wrist!! That looks huge!! :oops:
It is a big watch, that’s the reason I was put off buying one. The case is 44mm but the lug to lug is 46mm allowing comfortable proportions even with my 6.5 inch wrist. This Steeldive watch has a few party tricks up it’s sleeve for it’s £104.99 price tag, the Lume is surprisingly good. it’s not as well made as a Seiko, but it’s more than good enough. The supplied straps ain’t no cop so I’ve orderd a leather one.

As you mention, the fit and finish isn't perfectly polished, but it's a dependable watch with the Seiko NH35-A movement
People have recommended the Steeldive to me for ages. With a price tag of £104 the lume is excellent, and as you've correctly said that seiko movement, cheep and easy to replace. I have ordered a mesh bracelet for it, I'm going g through a mesh strap fetish at the moment

My "new to me" mint condition Seiko 7N43-5509 quartz watch from the 'bay. I set it with atomic time yesterday afternoon and it worked perfectly.....until later that nigh when I noticed about a 10 sec. error (can't remember if fast or slow....duh! :whistle: ). I reset it at home to atomic time again last night and today it's spot on. The only thing I can think of was I laid it in my car seat next to my new cell. I am fearful that I magnetized the SOB, but we shall see. It's approx. 36mm. :unsure:

T7gjXJc.jpg

Back
Top Bottom