What Watch Are You Wearing Today?

Still the best all round G Shock.
Yes it is, I also use this watch to set my mechanical watches and keep an eye on there gains or losses of time, it's being used because of the atomic updates it receives, I also use the stopwatch to time my cooking of pasta, I only paid £70 from argos a few years ago, I was intending to use it as a beater, but it's far to good of a watch for that, it's a classic and as Glen_Lee said An icon design.

John your 5610 sent me down to the vaults and here are 3 variations. Left is the GW B5600 which lacks multiband 6. Centre is the all metal GMW B5000 which has MB6, solar and Bluetooth and at right a GWM 5610 which lacks Bluetooth. All very similar modules. I always wanted the all metal when it came out but the UK price is still daft. However I was in Canada a couple of years ago and got one in a Calgary Mall outlet for nearly sensible money likewise the M5610 which was about C$ 50 on offer! We really get fleeced on prices in this country.

023E6764-877B-403F-8572-E53D302C1C55.jpeg

The only problem with digital is that, at least for my aged eyes, I have trouble making out the numbers w/o donning bifocals which is a pain in the azz to say the least.

The only problem with digital is that, at least for my aged eyes, I have trouble making out the numbers w/o donning bifocals which is a pain in the azz to say the least.
...experienced the same challenge, so purchased this large digital display watch, for not a lot, and it works great, especially for timing the poached eggs :)...

1618739833436.png

Thanks for posting the link - engrossing - I just lost a pleasurable hour reading it - a fascinating blend of horology and social history. I was particularly taken by the watch owned by Lt Stewart of the US Air Service as he was born about 13 miles from where I am typing this. Cheers - I.

Back
Top Bottom