What Soap?

For along time I didn't get on with Palmolive stick. I loved the smell and the price, but could never get a good lather going. That was until I pushed and pressed a stick into a small pudding bowl (as has been suggested). Now I get a fantastic rich creamy lather.

Palmolive is superb value. I keep a stick that I use as a travel soap. I've used the same stick for several years and I'm always impressed with how well it works.
Erasmic is also cheap. I have a stick but haven't opened it yet (at this rate it will be years before I've finished the Palmolive)

cruciate said:
Johnus said:
Use all of them in rotation. It's nice to use something different each day.
.....except the wilkie

We're all talking about the same soap: photo:
60eece26-9a59-91cf.jpg

Nice fragrance, easy to use, really nice container(fantastic blue color). I like it.

jayward said:
I have 4 soaps available from the local area, without ordering online. palmolive shave stick, erasmic shave stick, boots shaving soap and wilkinson sword blue bowl.
I am using a straight razor.
What are the ups and downs of the above soaps. What do you recomend?

Just out of interest, why not just order online? Worlds your oyster then innit?

Johnus said:
cruciate said:
Johnus said:
.....except the wilkie

60eece26-9a59-91cf.jpg

Nice fragrance, easy to use, really nice container(fantastic blue color). I like it.

OMG this stuff is hideous.

Latherman said:
jayward said:
I have 4 soaps available from the local area, without ordering online. palmolive shave stick, erasmic shave stick, boots shaving soap and wilkinson sword blue bowl.
I am using a straight razor.
What are the ups and downs of the above soaps. What do you recomend?

Just out of interest, why not just order online? Worlds your oyster then innit?

Johnus said:
cruciate said:
Johnus said:
.....except the wilkie

60eece26-9a59-91cf.jpg

OMG this stuff is hideous.

try shaving with water on its own

i find i get a better shave using just water on my face than wilki

for some reason wilki seems to degrade the shave you get from water

I grated mine on a cheese grater and pressed the soap into an old ramekin. This way you can load the brush rather than load your face. Just had a brilliant shave with the palmolive, can't believe how good it is!

dantheman said:
I grated mine on a cheese grater and pressed the soap into an old ramekin. This way you can load the brush rather than load your face. Just had a brilliant shave with the palmolive, can't believe how good it is!

Echo that - I use my Parmesan grater which is just as good, thumb it down into a bowl until it's hard and use the inverted lathering method - foolproof!

SirPrize said:
dantheman said:

Echo that - I use my Parmesan grater which is just as good, thumb it down into a bowl until it's hard and use the inverted lathering method - foolproof!

palm olive isn't that hard you can just squash it down into cup,bowl,tin whatever you like without grating

shanky887614 said:
SirPrize said:
dantheman said:

palm olive isn't that hard you can just squash it down into cup,bowl,tin whatever you like without grating

Agreed, I realised that after I started. I also used the upside down loading method today.

Back
Top Bottom