What made your day a good one

Congrats Oupa, I'm sorry I just love that word, tell me what part of the world do you hail from?
Third time, may there be many more! :)

Paul.
I am from the UK but when my first grandchild was born the wife and I thought we were far to young to be called Grandad and nanny, so we chose the Afrikaans version as we speak a little Afrikaans due to friends out there and it's their first language.

I am from the UK but when my first grandchild was born the wife and I thought we were far to young to be called Grandad and nanny, so we chose the Afrikaans version as we speak a little Afrikaans due to friends out there and it's their first language.
I love the word Oupa, I believe they use that word in South Korea for Dad.
We used to call Grandad Puppa! :)

Paul.

My day's been good because:
1) Friday night, and therefore an end to another horrible week at work
2) received a stunning bit of straight shavery from the BST section of this forum (in case nobody noticed )
3) nice meal with one of my buddies and a few much-needed beers. OK my head needed the beers more than my paunch...

I'm calling that a good day. At least, the latter half.

Last edited:
Snap! I've had this for a couple of years and greatly improved when I ditched the run flat tyres.

View attachment 73655
I know what you mean about the run flat tyres, but I was caught out with a puncture 150 miles from home on a Sunday afternoon in a 3 Series.
I decided to carry a spare and jack in the boot from then on. (No well in the boot for a spare)
It's the same with this 5 Series, (the battery is where the spare wheel well would be), so I'll just have to live with the run flats.

I know what you mean about the run flat tyres, but I was caught out with a puncture 150 miles from home on a Sunday afternoon in a 3 Series.
I decided to carry a spare and jack in the boot from then on. (No well in the boot for a spare)
It's the same with this 5 Series, (the battery is where the spare wheel well would be), so I'll just have to live with the run flats.
Just to add to the fun the front and rear tyres are different sizes! I keep a spare front in the boot as I rarely carry passengers and any luggage for trips can go in the passenger footwell. Very light on fuel for a 3 litre diesel nearly 50mpg if your not heavy on the accelerator.

Back
Top Bottom