What made your day a good one

Getting our cat back safely from the vets. Albeit minus 1 back leg.
http://theshavingroom.co.uk/communi...your-day-a-crap-one.36942/page-29#post-659937
We're so happy she came through ok.

Now that really is a winner !

P.S. Now that she's safely through, I should maybe mention ' Tripod ' the rescue, white boxer who lives nearby. Rear nearside leg missing, runs, jumps and walks the couple he owns into the ground ! Lost his leg through neglected injury, was rescued in terrible condition and now has such a good life he should really be named ' Riley '. She's going to make a great recovery and be better faster than seems possible.

JohnnyO. o/

Now that really is a winner !

P.S. Now that she's safely through, I should maybe mention ' Tripod ' the rescue, white boxer who lives nearby. Rear nearside leg missing, runs, jumps and walks the couple he owns into the ground ! Lost his leg through neglected injury, was rescued in terrible condition and now has such a good life he should really be named ' Riley '. She's going to make a great recovery and be better faster than seems possible.

JohnnyO. o/
Thank you so much, great story :)

I'm moving house at very short notice. I'm stressed.
Today I arranged for my internet to be moved.
I'm with Zen Internet. Need I say more? I will.
They answered the phone after one ring.
The guy was friendly and knew what he (or for that matter I) was talking about.
I'm not on a very fast (but cheap) tariff - I can stream HD, I don't need faster internet. The new place has all the fibre you can get (at a cost), but after asking if I was happy with my internet speed right now (I said yes) he didn't try to up-sell me. Not at all. He didn't even mention fibre.
Everything was easy-peasy. Only drawback being that I won't have internet for a week, but that's because of Ofcom - ideally I want to switch over in two days time - I'll use a mobile phone as an access point for a week instead.
Before I could ask if I could keep the static IP addresses I have, he told me that I would. They won't sell me a new router. Just move over what I have and plug it in - same password, setup, everything. I'm confident it will work.
I'm on a legacy rolling contract and I can keep that. They are going to waive the installation fee. The monthly bill will be a few quid lower than before. I didn't have to ask for any of that - they just told me. Maybe having been with them for almost 20 years or so helped, but I doubt it. :D
I don't have the cheapest internet in the country, but when it matters I know why.
It's nice to deal with competent people for a change. Made my day.
Now back to packing my soaps and razors.... :rolleyes:

I'm moving house at very short notice. I'm stressed.
Today I arranged for my internet to be moved.
I'm with Zen Internet. Need I say more? I will.
They answered the phone after one ring.
The guy was friendly and knew what he (or for that matter I) was talking about.
I'm not on a very fast (but cheap) tariff - I can stream HD, I don't need faster internet. The new place has all the fibre you can get (at a cost), but after asking if I was happy with my internet speed right now (I said yes) he didn't try to up-sell me. Not at all. He didn't even mention fibre.
Everything was easy-peasy. Only drawback being that I won't have internet for a week, but that's because of Ofcom - ideally I want to switch over in two days time - I'll use a mobile phone as an access point for a week instead.
Before I could ask if I could keep the static IP addresses I have, he told me that I would. They won't sell me a new router. Just move over what I have and plug it in - same password, setup, everything. I'm confident it will work.
I'm on a legacy rolling contract and I can keep that. They are going to waive the installation fee. The monthly bill will be a few quid lower than before. I didn't have to ask for any of that - they just told me. Maybe having been with them for almost 20 years or so helped, but I doubt it. :D
I don't have the cheapest internet in the country, but when it matters I know why.
It's nice to deal with competent people for a change. Made my day.
Now back to packing my soaps and razors.... :rolleyes:
Good luck with your move, that's one thing delt with! :)

Electric Blanket! where have you been all my life?
And I've discovered the mouse back door, the little bastards have dug under the bathroom wall at the back of the house (foundations are a modern invention and to be viewed with suspicion). Don't quite know how to resolve it as yet but at least I know.

Electric Blanket! where have you been all my life?
And I've discovered the mouse back door, the little bastards have dug under the bathroom wall at the back of the house (foundations are a modern invention and to be viewed with suspicion). Don't quite know how to resolve it as yet but at least I know.
Make the wee mouse some felt slippers to keep him warm and to stop the sound of him walking to and fro and I'm sure a bit of cheese would be most appreciated :)

Back
Top Bottom