What made your day a crap one??

^ surprising that they hold onto vans for that long. Blame the fleet management!
Fleet mis management lol they can't get new vans with the same kit on as the new model transit has a lot less payload so while they decide how to proceed with new vehicles we have to patch up the old shitters, the vans would t be a problem if they had actually being maintained but we have only had the contract 8 month and most previous work has being carried out at fast fit centres where a service is just an oil change nothing else and a comercial vehicle requires a little bit more tlc than that lol
Everyone we have seen (60% of the fleet) has been shockingly bad condition with daft repairs like new pads on discs under minimum thickness and clutches that have only had a drive plate not a full kit, we took over the maintenance and the fleet management and we have replaced everything that's not special or that's got PTO,s on as the whole fleet was so poor and unreliable.
Some of the drivers are old school and won't check their own van over as its a mechanics job so we get vans with no water 4 bald tyres no oil and multiple bulbs out daily, it's not necessarily the fleet management but often the end user

Just finding out my PAYE (Income Tax) has been underpaid due to an administrative error. A beer free month to try and claw some of it back might actually do my health a world of good I suppose.

Just been decanting a large tub of CoffeeMate Light into a small tub. Sneezed. My desk looks like Al Pacino's in Scarface. There's white powder everwhere:mad:

Sounds a bit like my attempt at rolling a roll up the other day, baccy everywhere.

Old guy at work with learning diff's asked me to roll him a smoke. He knows I don't smoke but got me to try. Well it was a disaster ! Made him laugh though and he's been around telling everyone, staff, clients and even the owner that in in his words I'm "kin useless" ! All in fun though.

Best bit was he took his baccy back and with a dirty big toothless grin goes "this is how you do it", brings out his rolling machine and makes a perfect one.

Finished work at Midday with a skip in my step and good intentions for a productive afternoon....

Washed front windows only to discover 2 of the double glazing units have failed and need replacing, oh well.

Decided to fix that squeaky floorboard..... hammer check, Nails check, central heating pipe ?????? check.

Trip to B&Q.

Its now 4pm and I wish I'd stayed at work., I'd only have an hour to go.

" Some days are diamond, some days are stone, sometimes the bad times won't leave you alone. " .
We know a song about that Stace. Watched a plumber do the same thing in our house once, course he made a professional jobby of it !

JohnnyO. o/

Sounds a bit like my attempt at rolling a roll up the other day, baccy everywhere.

Old guy at work with learning diff's asked me to roll him a smoke. He knows I don't smoke but got me to try.
Best bit was he took his baccy back and with a dirty big toothless grin goes "this is how you do it", brings out his rolling machine and makes a perfect one.

Pah! Rolling machines are the Shaving Foam of rolly smoking.

Tobacco can often be rolled much easier than dope. Depends mostly on the cut and how fresh, but it usually isn't tough to end up with a single paper result that looks kinda like a Lucky Strike. Just don't use colored papers or twist the ends and good to go.

Rolled my own for about 40 years because the tobacco I preferred wasn't available in cigarette form, only in bulk.

Martin

Pah! Rolling machines are the Shaving Foam of rolly smoking.
I'd say a rolling machine is more akin to a cartridge razor than canned foam. BTW, when I smoked cigarettes (in my wayward youth) I liked to roll my own and I used a machine; my preferred tobacco was a shag, which I kept in an oiled cotton tobacco pouch along with a small piece of fresh apple to keep it moist. Today, although I own several DE razors, I prefer to use a Mach3 or Sensor when I shave.

Now, back on topic, I went shopping for a pair of casual shoes this morning, my least favourite activity. No luck after trying 12 pairs; I have a high instep.

Last edited:
Rufus - it may pay you to specify a Derby fitting - it gives a lot more scope for adjustment. If you brick & mortar stores don't stock them do an online search.

Nearly breaking my nose when releasing a stuck draw on a filing cabinet. Seriously stupid!!!

Thought I could put my hand through the draw below to apply some force from behind..... It worked.....BAMM right on the nose.

Still hurts.....What an idiot!!!!

Rufus - it may pay you to specify a Derby fitting - it gives a lot more scope for adjustment. If you brick & mortar stores don't stock them do an online search.
Thanks, I agree that a Derby fitting is probably my best bet since the open lacing allows for more adjustment than an Oxford. I'll soldier on, but what really annoys me is that the model of shoe I'm replacing, a pair of Ecco with open lacing, is no longer made and the replacement model just isn't comfortable on my instep.

Back
Top Bottom