What made your day a crap one??

If you, too, would like to experience what Father Ted has just been through, just walk into your GP's surgery and tell him/her that you have passed black, sticky stool. The amusing part is watching what you don't normally see - a GP go into panic mode. After that, it's all downhill.

Terrific review, Father Ted! Hope the surgery goes well - and your recovery.

Been there, done that, Fr Ted ......... And you do have to keep your sense of humour about it.... 'Cos let's face it; you're not keeping your dignity :D

If it's any consolation.... When I had mine, I'd dropped a girlfriend off and then missed the last bus home the night before ....... Just as the effects of the second sachet of Picolax were kicking in. Had to walk four feckin' miles with the cheeks of my arse superglued shut :eek::D

Ted, that's a classic! My dad had the same procedure done on Monday for the second time bless him, only to be told they couldn't reach the end and he'd have to come back in four weeks to go through it all again [emoji15]. Poor bast*^*d!

He didn't describe it that well though [emoji16][emoji16][emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very entertaining Father. If you've not read the singletrack picolax thread I'd recommend a look. Good luck with the surgery. I've had a few scopes due to a self destructive large intestine, which was eventually removed completely. Positive side is no chance of having anything "introduced" in that way again.

@Father Ted - I understand the experience was entirely unpleasant, but I am glad you shared. It was both informative and funny. Something that I think needs to happen at times to encourage people to get checked.

@Father Ted Well done for putting such a brave and humorous face on things. It makes you wonder who was running the place, the NHS or ISIS with procedures like that.

1pm - I arrive at my designated time at the Endoscopy suite, somehow I have an ear worm of the Waterboys "Whole of the Moon" going around in my head. I make several more trips ( rather noisy) to the toilet rather inconveniently situated next to the waiting room so everyone now knows that Im there for a hosepipe up the a:eek:se session.

At least they didn't put anything topical on such as In Through The Out Door, Led Zeppelin or Back Door Man by the Doors

If you, too, would like to experience what Father Ted has just been through, just walk into your GP's surgery and tell him/her that you have passed black, sticky stool. The amusing part is watching what you don't normally see - a GP go into panic mode. After that, it's all downhill.

Terrific review, Father Ted! Hope the surgery goes well - and your recovery.
The clinic where I've had my endoscopy has a sign on the front of the building, 'Please enter around back'; I kid you not.

It snowed last night! We've had more snow so far in April than any other month this winter...it's supposed to be Spring damn it. To add insult to injury the fog is so thick this morning that it's hard to see across the street. Alas, sunny days are ahead, especially if our newish Prime Minister, Justin Trudeau, aka Mr Sunny Ways, has anything to do with it.

Back
Top Bottom