What is your go to AS if you've over done it?

Jeltz said:
If I have harsh feedback from the alum I know that I've over done it a bit with the shave

So what is your choice when you've gone overboard on a shave?

Hi there,

First, let me just say that anyone who uses an alcohol based AS to sooth a ragged shave is screwy in a big way. Same goes for the menth heads.

So your face is irritated for whatever the reason, and you wanna pour what on top of that? Burning, stinging alcohol? Oh yeah, that will calm things right down.

Those kinds of unhappy shaves lend themselves to a good non alcohol thicker than AS balm like thing. You want to heal your face, not abuse it more. Alcohol free aftershaves like Lucky Tiger would also work.

You guys who use alcohol based stuff, kick it up a notch sometime and use a nice EdT instead. Damn bunch of masochists.

We clear now?

Martin

DR Harris Marlborough aftershave - it's mildly alcoholic and mildly menthol; otherwise Myrsol Agua Balsamica. Both are decent astringents that don't have too much of a burn (ignore Martin - a bit of alcohol to disinfect the wounds never did anyone any harm!). I'd follow that up with Aveeno skin relief moisturiser (alright, Martin does have a bit of a point in terms of the thicker-than-balm stuff being needed too!)

ChopperHarris said:
DR Harris Marlborough aftershave - it's mildly alcoholic and mildly menthol; otherwise Myrsol Agua Balsamica. Both are decent astringents that don't have too much of a burn (ignore Martin - a bit of alcohol to disinfect the wounds never did anyone any harm!).

Well when you put it that way about the burn/sting only being on the 'medium' side, it's tough to say no to either of those. So it doesn't burn all that much eh? Just sorta medium uncomfortable I guess........

I know there's lots of times when some burn or freeze is fine, but in this case it might be left on the shelf.

Martin

dodgy said:
ChopperHarris said:
DR Harris Marlborough aftershave - it's mildly alcoholic and mildly menthol; otherwise Myrsol Agua Balsamica. Both are decent astringents that don't have too much of a burn (ignore Martin - a bit of alcohol to disinfect the wounds never did anyone any harm!).

Well when you put it that way about the burn/sting only being on the 'medium' side, it's tough to say no to either of those. So it doesn't burn all that much eh? Just sorta medium uncomfortable I guess........

I know there's lots of times when some burn or freeze is fine, but in this case it might be left on the shelf.

Martin

You're thinking like a relaxed and open son of the USA… we uptight, repressed Brits enjoy a bit of self-flagellation. Teaches us to shave better next time!

Back
Top Bottom