What are you waiting on to arrive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Calvin Klein Eternity aftershave. I have never used it, but it sounds great: an aromatic fougere, with top notes of lavender, lemon, bergamot, and mandarin; heart notes of juniper berry, sage, coriander, geranium, basil, jasmine, orange blossom, lily, and lily-of-the-valley; and base notes of sandalwood, vetiver, musk, rosewood, and amber. I really like CK Obsession, so if this is anywhere near as good, I'll be very pleased.
E5azzTL.jpg

View attachment 65989View attachment 65990

Not quite sure why, but I just bought this frankenrazor from eBay. A Myatt Handle with an old tech head. I'm really just buying it for the head, as I believe it's from what the nerds call a ''flat bottom tech''...?
Yeah, flat bottom Tech.

It's a nice handle. I considered it myself. Nice to have the single edge hex handle for a DE.

View attachment 65984
Big thanks to @pjgh for spotting this - 1912 sun ray found on fleabay ....

Seller accepted the offer of £70 .... looking forward to receiving it
BUYER BEWARE!!! If folks spot what appears to be another such (very rare) set on eBay and think £85 sounds okay, take a pause for breathe ... the set being offered is just a regular 1912 with a random stropper.

s-l1600.jpg

^ Not a Sun Ray set.

Cool :) Thanks, mate! I was wondering why people weren't biting on it, to be honest. And I've not sure what the score is with those handles? I imagine some nice grip?
I guess there was a vogue for doing things a little different (presumably to Gillette) and Myatt took a little look sideways at Ever Ready.

Yeah! See how you like it.

I guess there was a vogue for doing things a little different (presumably to Gillette) and Myatt took a little look sideways at Ever Ready.

Yeah! See how you like it.
It definitely looks cool, I just thought it may be a tad uncomfortable......but yeah we'll see! If I don't get on with the handle, you can have it if you want it then!

View attachment 65989View attachment 65990

Not quite sure why, but I just bought this frankenrazor from eBay. A Myatt Handle with an old tech head. I'm really just buying it for the head, as I believe it's from what the nerds call a ''flat bottom tech''...?
I like it, and I would probably leave the handle on it. (y) Don't see many baseplates like that over here. :(

The skinny part with the bead in the middle, some look very crude and mis-shapen. I'm just honest, not a wet blanket.
Maybe they all snapped at that point, hence the scareness of supply and/or short-lived production run?

They would have been milled by hand, possibly by a machinist called Frank who was a little hungover that morning. Production Controller just said to him "Bill went a bit overboard with the snuff last night on the night shift and scribbled dizzy designs all over these heads ... do something Art Deco with these reject handles, will you mate?".

I like it, and I would probably leave the handle on it. (y) Don't see many baseplates like that over here. :(
Thanks Toby :) I'm excited to give it a go, I've never tried a tech and all the cool shaving nerds say the flat bottom is really nice! I doubt there's too much difference between em all though, they all look relatively similar from the side...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom