What are you waiting on to arrive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Vegan Strop ?

I already have one it is Excellent by far the best Vegan strop i have tried , I can't compare to Leather as I don't use it.

Tony Millers view is he prefers his Leather strops but if you want an animal free alternative they are a "very useable alternative"
Does the 3 inch come with the handles Russ or does it have the D rings the same as the 2 1/2 inch ?

Does the 3 inch come with the handles Russ or does it have the D rings the same as the 2 1/2 inch ?
D Rings , he doesn't do handles for the Vegan ones , as they are usually fashioned from leather. The D rings and fittings are good quality.

**Edit**.

The photo is a 3 inch and is the same as mine except i have flax linen as the second component. the 2 1/2 " he used to make but changed to 3 inch , it is a one off he is making for me as he found enough 2.5 inch material to make one strop, in his workshop. He Buys the material in 3 inch these days. I just wanted a narrower strop to compliment what i already have.

Last edited:
D Rings , he doesn't do handles for the Vegan ones , as they are usually fashioned from leather. The D rings and fittings are good quality.
Thank you I thought it might be D rings couldn’t get some of the images to load up so wasn’t sure and the 3 inch leathers seemed to all have handles whereas the 2 1/2 inch leathers have D rings. Good to know the D rings look very nice I do like both

**Edit**.

The photo is a 3 inch and is the same as mine except i have flax linen as the second component. the 2 1/2 " he used to make but changed to 3 inch , it is a one off he is making for me as he found enough 2.5 inch material to make one strop, in his workshop. He Buys the material in 3 inch these days. I just wanted a narrower strop to compliment what i already have.
It was the 3 inch I was interested in as I wouldn’t have the confidence to use a 2 1/2 think that would be further down the line for me need to get my technique down with the x stroke maybe one day though, will look to get a 3 inch vegan in the near future would like to try some different ones with different draws but for now I will look forward to the SRD arriving...I can see the strop collection growing the same way as the razors some beauty’s to be had

It was the 3 inch I was interested in as I wouldn’t have the confidence to use a 2 1/2 think that would be further down the line for me need to get my technique down with the x stroke maybe one day though, will look to get a 3 inch vegan in the near future would like to try some different ones with different draws but for now I will look forward to the SRD arriving...I can see the strop collection growing the same way as the razors some beauty’s to be had
And down that hole you go!!! :)

Paul.

And down that hole you go!!! :)

Paul.
Seriously I read a post on here a few weeks ago can’t remember who it was by but it basically said something along the lines of if straights are right for you by a few weeks in you will have more than a few and if not you probably won’t stick at it. I sit here a few weeks later not a truer word spoken not all have arrived but when they do I will have 7 already and still eagerly eyeing up more, strops n stones n all. So glad I bought that first one from you Paul I am thoroughly enjoying every bit of this journey what a wonderful rewarding and unbeatable experience to be had from the straight razor

Last edited:
Vintage English Leather shaving soap, which I have wanted to try just out of curiosity
NrBMnvp.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom