What are you listening to?

Digimonkey

Supporter
Supporter
I will be listening to David Bowie today, it was five years ago today he died, gone but not forgotten, RIP.

Paul.

'This is Ground Control to Major Tom
You've really made the grade
And the papers want to know whose shirts you wear
Now it's time to leave the capsule if you dare
"This is Major Tom to Ground Control
I'm stepping through the door
And I'm floating in a most peculiar way
And the stars look very different today.'

I.

Digimonkey

Supporter
Supporter
I will be listening to David Bowie today, it was five years ago today he died, gone but not forgotten, RIP.

Paul.

'I, I will be king
And you, you will be queen
Though nothing will drive them away
We can beat them, just for one day
We can be heroes, just for one day
And you, you can be mean
And I, I'll drink all the time
'Cause we're lovers, and that is a fact
Yes we're lovers, and that is that
Though nothing will keep us together
We could steal time just for one day
We can be heroes for ever and ever
What d'you say?
I, I wish you could swim
Like the dolphins, like dolphins can swim
Though nothing, nothing will keep us together
We can beat them, for ever and ever
Oh we can be Heroes, just for one day
I, I will be king
And you, you will be queen
Though nothing will drive them away
We can be Heroes, just for one day
We can be us, just for one day
I, I can remember (I remember)…'

David Bowie day - indeed - my favourite track - I.

Last one for tonight, and as I've mentioned elsewhere, a difficult listen for me...

643B0C5E-A0FB-43A0-A75F-D16647C7AD8C.jpeg
Another thing that upset me, I have the clear vinyl version of this too. It was delivered on the day David's death was announced. The very same day people, who had had to pre-order the album to get it on the day of release, and so were presumably fans (?) were flipping their copies for upto £1k. Twats. It immediately made my clear copy too valuable to play (I know, I shouldn't really give a shit about it, but...) so I had to buy a black vinyl copy too, I was very lucky, I found one in a record shop a few days later for the regular price, but at that point even black vinyl copies were going for hundreds of pounds online.

Thankfully, by the the time I actually felt able to listen to the album it had all calmed down and the black vinyl was at a sane enough value that I was happy to risk playing it.

Blademonkey

Supporter
Supporter
Last one for tonight, and as I've mentioned elsewhere, a difficult listen for me...

View attachment 63099
Another thing that upset me, I have the clear vinyl version of this too. It was delivered on the day David's death was announced. The very same day people, who had had to pre-order the album to get it on the day of release, and so were presumably fans (?) were flipping their copies for upto £1k. Twats. It immediately made my clear copy too valuable to play (I know, I shouldn't really give a shit about it, but...) so I had to buy a black vinyl copy too, I was very lucky, I found one in a record shop a few days later for the regular price, but at that point even black vinyl copies were going for hundreds of pounds online.

Thankfully, by the the time I actually felt able to listen to the album it had all calmed down and the black vinyl was at a sane enough value that I was happy to risk playing it.
I brought the black vinyl LP, never been played, haven't got a record player! Brought the CD as well though!
As you say, a difficult listen even today.

Paul.

Top Bottom