What are you listening to?

That brings back some good memories.

A group of us, about 20, sat outside a small cafe in a very small town in Italy owned by a couple who were about 75 and didn't speak a word of English, it normally closed at 6 but as we had been regulars during a weeks holiday they stayed open, someone found an acoustic guitar and we sang Beatles songs and drank wine throughout the evening.

Because we were singing and dancing , 10 German students turned up, they had no money so we bought them some bread and cheese and more wine and they joined in the singing.

An hour laterthe police arrived with the idea of shutting us down, saw that it was all good fun and joined in, dancing with the prettiest girls in the group drinking wine and having a laugh.

Everyone knew the songs of the Beatles, Hey Jude in particular. We had a really good night, cheers Beatles.

That rocks. The bass player looks pretty high maintenance? :)

On the theme #betterthantheoriginal - I.

Oddly I saw Limp live here in Liverpool. Absolutely tremendous, but it was one of the support acts which got me on the Japanese girly band thing. Even though they were all male.. but Japanese. A band I have loved ever since. Crossfaith. Walked on wearing sharp shiny suits and we thought 'What the fuck are these all about?' And then they started. My Japanese curiosity started and just evolved down the years.

Back
Top Bottom