What are you listening to?

Funnily enough - I was speaking to my mate last night - and Gogol Bordello came up in the conversation - how often does that happen? - not a lot. He saw them live - he pretty much encapsulated the experience - as how many dangerously mental people can you get on stage at the one time? None more. He's originally from Bellshill - outside Glasgow - where they certainly know how to make dangerously mental people - take it from me. They call Buckfast - 'the wine,' yes. An elegant Chablis? A well structured Rioja? No - something more suited to hand to hand combat. He now lives in Bournemouth - about as far away as you can get - without falling in the sea. In an entirely different way - you might recognise the tune - Ted - I.

Funnily enough - I was speaking to my mate last night - and Gogol Bordello came up in the conversation - how often does that happen? - not a lot. He saw them live - he pretty much encapsulated the experience - as how many dangerously mental people can you get on stage at the one time? None more. He's originally from Bellshill - outside Glasgow - where they certainly know how to make dangerously mental people - take it from me. They call Buckfast - 'the wine,' yes. An elegant Chablis? A well structured Rioja? No - something more suited to hand to hand combat. He now lives in Bournemouth - about as far away as you can get - without falling in the sea. In an entirely different way - you might recognise the tune - Ted - I.

I went to see Gogol bordello about five years ago with Mrs Isaiah, she has a major crush on the singer Eugene hütz, they were mental. When they played start wearing purple it went ballistic :D
Funny you add the divine comedy track, two years ago we went to see them at a new years Eve party at the sage in Gateshead, it was a great night, Neil hannon was utterly charming :)

@Satanfriendly - This is your fault C. - Metallica are so totally chucked - I think I am in love with Yoshi the guitarist. :cool:

Ah - but let us return to the source?

They ought to get dragged up better? Other than that peerless - I.

And every reason to be in love with her. Far prettier than Angus, but he does set standards the others can only dream of.

@Satanfriendly

I realise that I am in a category of one - but - for me - this is the best bit of music ever recorded. Visceral. I didn't know there was a twenty fifth amendment - how many do you need? I guess, the most famous is the second - the right to arm bears. Hendrix might be seen to have presupposed all of this - intentionally or not. At the time - he really really upset people with this cover. Reactionary arseholes then - and reactionary arseholes now - plus ca change? Still, all these years later - it remains - an anthem of our times. His turning and twisting of the national anthem - inside out and back to front - remains relevant - and a wee bit of Little Richard - looking - frankly - out of his head. I believe he is a preacher now - cool - I'd go to church if he was leading the sermon. Yours - I.

Let's compare and contrast - how many goats can be blown at the same time? - none more. This sucks. I.

I can see your point. As good as Slash is it doesn't quite touch the sides of the Hendrix offering. However for the greatest piece of music ever recorded I have to go to the one track which defined my era and my upbringing. This blew my mind and changed my whole aspect of music. It also changed the whole of the music industry of what could be, what can be and what lies ahead.

between that and

Back
Top Bottom