What are you drinking tonight.

... shouldn't mind a nip of Penderyn, then. I remember trying it about 20 years ago when I lived in Wales and it was okay for my rough tastes back then, but nothing special. Quite recently I tried it again and it is a different drink indeed. Really, very good.

I like peaty whiskies. Laphroaig remains a clear favourite for me ... that medicinal backwash is the clincher.

pjgh said:
... shouldn't mind a nip of Penderyn, then. I remember trying it about 20 years ago when I lived in Wales and it was okay for my rough tastes back then, but nothing special. Quite recently I tried it again and it is a different drink indeed. Really, very good.

I like peaty whiskies. Laphroaig remains a clear favourite for me ... that medicinal backwash is the clincher.

Have you tried Lagavulin, Paul?

It isn't as smoky as Laphroaig and is, I suspect, a bit of an acquired taste. I certainly get TCP from it!

However, once you've dialled it in it really is a superb whisky.

It was just recently, in the past year I believe, that I climbed down from my high horses and allowed a tad bit of water in my Whisky - as I've been a "neat purist" for a long time. I have to, reluctantly, admit that a tiny bit of water does, for some reason, open it up really nicely.

Currently in Edinburgh with the wife. Was gonna look for shaving stuff, but decided to concentrate on Whiskey instead. Currently enjoying a Balvenie DoubleWood, much better than the Jura's I was plattering last night. Think am more of a highland than Island man. Plan to smash a few 'midnight sun' porters later and top of with an Old Pultenay, hopefully the wife will be too busy with troughing Cranachan to notice I have lost the ability to articulate.

Hiya,

When I was a little kid there was a science exhibit showing a pop bottle and the actual dry sugar amount not dissolved in anything. Put me right off drinking much soda throughout my life.

I do like always having a few cold bottles of Strawberry soda handy and Jarritos is the one for me. Very true to life natural taste and not incredibly sweet. Never cared to try any of the other unusual flavors but there is plenty of those.

You Limeys and other foreigners ever see this stuff around? If you like strawberry they do an excellent job.

Hah, of course there's reviews and here's one that made me smile; Funny as hell watching the poor guy struggle with the Punch. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGY1aHVH4Nc

Back
Top Bottom