What are you drinking tonight.

i-vx4jRCw-L.jpg

Edradour! Now there's a choice drop of pop come up from the dark recesses of my mind. Oh but I did like a dram or five of yon. Been round the distillery an' all - smallest in Scotland IIRC. If you ever get the chance to sample the Edradour cream (think Bailey's but WAAAY better and much more masculine) then don't hesitate.

Me? Fortnum & Mason green tea with ginger.....just over 11 years and 4 months sober.

Greetings Pi**heads

In my Christmas stocking this year was a small Penderyn Welsh whiskey, this appeared no doubt because I told my daughter that I had never tried it. This evening I happened to run out of cooking whisky (for me this is Bells, which I drink daily with soda water) I have several malts but decided to try this little bottle of Penderyn Welsh whiskey.

The upshot is that whiskey should not be entrusted to the Welsh to make! Before the Welshman on this forum jump on me I have to say that I have tried the English whiskey made in my neck of the woods and it is crap as well, actually worse then Penderyn.

Penderyn to be hugely kind can be described as different, just how different a whiskey can be and still be called whiskey I do not know; it has a strange odd citrus type of flavour, little to do with Whiskey. It is not bad enough to put it down the sink but it gets close! Why is it that the Suntory corporation from Japan can make whiskeys that get international awards but Welsh and English whiskey is not worth tuppence!

Just my opinion of course and like shaving YMMV (perhaps quite a bit)

Regards
Dick.

The Edradour is lovely...correct Gairdner smallest distillery in Scotland.
Love the peaty ones Vinnie so Laphroaig is a favourite.

Tonight its a large port as I watch Grand Budapest Hotel.

Back
Top Bottom