What are you drinking tonight.

[attachment=12171]

Moorhouse Pendle Witches Brew

After a walk around Bideford looking for secret messages. The town organised a treasure hunts his evening for the kids. A shop stayed open to hand out clues and UV torches. The answers had been written in shop windows in UV pen, all for free with some sweets as prizes. Quite good fun !

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414701640.822607.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414701640.822607.jpg
    325 KB · Views: 22
I've just spent a long weekend in Edinburgh and as I shamefully hate whisky, the next thing in abundence (apart from Cashmere and Tartan shops) is beer! I was spoilt for choice. I'm a big IPA fan but there was too much to just stuck to IPA. My 3 favs were Houston Warlock stout, Stewart's Edinburgh Gold and Caledonian's Deuchars IPA.

I bought a few bottles before I left (ones I found that didn't have a £3 for 330ml price tag in the gift shops!) and have some Deuchars to enjoy at the weekend. I will buy a keg of Edinburgh Gold from Stewart's to enjoy over Christmas I think.

Another event of note: I diverted from taste testing to have a pint of Hobgoblin in one pub and it was the best pint of Hobbo I've ever had. Unusually, from what I've experienced, it had a perfectly smooth and creamy head like a Guinness (normally it's either a sparse bubbly head or none at all) and it tasted superb and smooth throughout with a much richer flavour. Either they pour it better in Scotland or it's a better quality product!

Some Brakspears bitter for £1 a pop from Booths. It doesn't taste like what it did when I were a lad but still nice enough. Don't they brew it at Witney alongside Wychwood now?

Back
Top Bottom