What are the top 5 soaps that you use the most?

In no particular order, but the five I have on the shelf to use:

MWF
P&B Bluebird
P&B Albion
P&B Imperial Rum
Zingari The Wanderer

I am attempting to actually finish a few soaps this year before stocking up again..... I'll give it a month!

Sometimes, over a given period, the soaps I'm using the most aren't necessarily my top soaps as I try to rotate them so that all get a decent run.
And sometimes I will rate a good performing soap higher than an excellent soap for being superb in one area, such as price or scent

Most used in 2023 for me, in no particular order.

1. Tabac (orginial formula) - got into Tabac last year, had tried previously but did not like the scent - this time around, wonderful soap.
2. Arko (stick) - when I had to travel more frequently to look after my father, Arko became a go to: easy to pack, great lather and performance - now a regular in the den.
3. The Gentleman's Groom Room - Essence of Scotland Mountain Yew Traditional Shaving Soap - excellent skin properties, love the lather, scent, and post shave skin feel.
4. Signature Soaps - Valentia - another stunning artisan soap - excellent skin properties, love the lather, scent, and post shave skin feel.
5. Martin de Candre Original - I am always amazed how little water is needed to produce a lovely, thick lather.

As ever I appreciate that YMMV.

All the best,

Chris
Thank you

I’ve no idea so asked Matron. She said I use that ‘green stick thingy’ a lot so I’m guessing that’s Palmolive. Britannia by Signature Soaps pops up a lot, the fat Fat, Wilkie stick too but I’ve been using Ingram and Trumper’s Spanish Leather a bit too. Ye’ll nae get analytical stats from me as just getting the dang shave done is an achievement.

Next shave? Aye, the green stick thingy probably.
Cheers Grahame

Sometimes, over a given period, the soaps I'm using the most aren't necessarily my top soaps as I try to rotate them so that all get a decent run.
And sometimes I will rate a good performing soap higher than an excellent soap for being superb in one area, such as price or scent
This has been my experience as well.

I try to use all the soaps I have opened and won’t open another until I have finished one off.

My list would look a little different, if I didn’t have problems with the ones that contain so many moisturizers. They make my face break out, If I use them for a few shaves in a row.

My eventual plan is to have a 5 soap rotation. While I will miss using some of these other soaps. I realize it’s time to thin the heard.

My top 3 are:

RazoRock Don Marco
TOB'S Rose cream
Murdock London Regent

I essentially enjoy any Bergamot and Neroli cream. It's usually Mondial or TFS, but enjoyed the Don Marco from Spring to Autumn.
And thanks to Paul and the BST I have more TFS/RR Citrus croaps coming my way...

Back
Top Bottom