What are considered the best "sharp" blades?

Forgive me if this has been asked a million times, but can I please have opinions on which DE blades are nice and sharp? (and available in the UK)
I've tried:
Feather Hi Stainless
Treet 7 Days Platinum
Perma-Sharp Super

And soon will be trying:
Gillette Nacet Stainless
Lord Silver Star Super Stainless

Are there any out there that I'm missing? Many thanks

The Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Platinum, Gillette 365, Gillette London Bridge are all easy to get hold off in the UK are on the sharper side of things.

I'd wait a few days before placing an order. Big Deals Mart in the UK have them all in stock but are on Holiday. They have a few others which are highly rated, like Kai and Wizamet.

5560307605_20d7d60de9.jpg

The annoying answer is that every blade is sharp - even a Derby can cut to the bone.

Blades are a minefield of opinions as they're so personal. One man's 'god blade' is another man's spoon. @donnie_arko has suggested a couple of good ones above. You're going to have to experiment to see what works for you. To complicate matters further, your favourite blade will behave differently in different razors.

All that said, this is the internet and I'm going to give you my opinion.

God Blade:

s-l400.jpg

All the suggestions, and those you've already tried, are good.
I would add gillette 7 o'clock sharp edge ("yellows"). They seem to be quite cheap at the moment. I prefer a sharper blade and like them. I'd second the 7 o'clock super platinum ("black") as particularly sharp and smooth, if a little pricey.

Some would argue Feather are the sharpest, and you've tried them, so if you like them you may want to stock up.

The annoying answer is that every blade is sharp - even a Derby can cut to the bone.

Blades are a minefield of opinions as they're so personal. One man's 'god blade' is another man's spoon. @donnie_arko has suggested a couple of good ones above. You're going to have to experiment to see what works for you. To complicate matters further, your favourite blade will behave differently in different razors.

All that said, this is the internet and I'm going to give you my opinion.

God Blade:

View attachment 98074
Your god blade is my dog blade. Thus highlighting the truth of what you say perfectly. Favourite Gillette is the Nacet by several country miles.

All the suggestions, and those you've already tried, are good.
I would add gillette 7 o'clock sharp edge ("yellows").
Hiya,

I remember trying the yellows years ago and buying a bunch because I liked em so much. Sharper than most blades, but more forgiving than a Feather.

Hah, I've got a load of various vintage Wilkinsons to send you for a review when you have time and nice seeing you typing here again.

Martin

The Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Platinum, Gillette 365, Gillette London Bridge are all easy to get hold off in the UK are on the sharper side of things.

I'd wait a few days before placing an order. Big Deals Mart in the UK have them all in stock but are on Holiday. They have a few others which are highly rated, like Kai and Wizamet.

I always read that as "Big Deal Smart" :ROFLMAO:

Back
Top Bottom