What and why?

One question I'd like to ask is if you can use EDC (not EDT) as an aftershave, or is it strength and contents too strong?

I do ...

I have a couple of Russian EDCs which I use quite regularly, the Clubman aftershave are mostly described as aftershave colognes and they're strong (ask Vinnie) as well as Jovan Musk. All these can be splashed on as fragrance and last well. I like the more alcoholic splashes and so Cologne seems to work well for me.

I continue to be amazed at the speed, quality and information in the responses in this place

Thanks your replies and since I am relatively a 'shaving virgin' I'll go the witch hazel route being as it is a non-expensive product which appears to be multi-functional. Sounds as though it is a 'must have' in the cabinet product.

Very dry skin but I still use an alcohol aftershave splash and then something like the Myresol emulsion. The A/S acts as an astringent and I need the moisturising effect of a balm.
Yep, something pretty similar, although I tend to use Nivea PSB or if on a theme: Tabac / Speick or Proraso balms.

I do ...
the Clubman aftershave are mostly described as aftershave colognes and they're strong.
Yes, Pinaud make products for manly men - industrial strength!

the feel of clubman is ok, its the smell. The issue I have is that RIGHT from the bottle it has a low mild smell that builds up as it heats up on my skin.

So two tablespoons post shave can smell nice and good, but an hour later when it heats up on me, god awful stench.

I continue to be amazed at the speed, quality and information in the responses in this place

Thanks your replies and since I am relatively a 'shaving virgin' I'll go the witch hazel route being as it is a non-expensive product which appears to be multi-functional. Sounds as though it is a 'must have' in the cabinet product.
Witch Hazel is a Great Natural Astringent & also good for the Skin..Its also quite Cooling..I very rarely use any other Post Shave Product..Look on EBay for Thayer's or Humphries..One is as Good as the other..:)

Billy

+1 Billy.

I shave in the evenings anyway ...... So unless I'm off out on the town, I'll use the Thayers; great bit of gear.

If I ever do use an AS, it's usually La Toja; lovely fresh, clean smell ...... and by teh time it's bedtime, there's nothing left of a scent to leave on the pillows overnight.

Back
Top Bottom