What age were you when you started using a st8?

I'm another one in the 40yo club. I'd already gone from mach3's to DE's a while back and was curious about straights but having just moved to the UK and turning 40 was the final straw. I think the decision was triggered more about being here in the UK than age. There are just too many great products (both old and new) to try here :)

I'd like to be able to reply along the lines of " About eight but my memory is hazy because I was drunk at the time" but if I'm to be honest the answer is at the tender age of 56. It was a progression from a chap's hobby. I'd 'got into' using only very sharp Japanese kitchen knives at home and the skills I'd learned to keep them sharp lent themselves to an inquistitive dalliance with straight razors. Once I started, I was hooked.

I'd been a wet shaver all my life, since the age of around 15, but the straight made me fall in love with it all over again. Sigh.

allatsea
Alive and well on the Planet of Thanet

Hello allatsea! You clearly have bags of experience, and I'm sure everyone would like to say hello - unfortunately this board is a bit of a backwater so perhaps you'd like to introduce yourself in the "Welcome" section?

I get the impression that a lot of the safety razor people regard the straights board as a club for amiably daft eccentrics, which isn't far from the truth.

Arrowhead said:
I get the impression that a lot of the safety razor people regard the straights board as a club for amiably daft eccentrics, which isn't far from the truth.

Well - at least you are half right, andy - some of us aren't very amiable at all! :)

Regards,
Neil
(bah! humbug)

Back
Top Bottom