Welcome One and All

Crossan

Supporter
Supporter
Hi All,

This PIF is open to any active member (doesn't need to be a million posts but no new accounts with single postings and no introduction) who is based in the UK and postage is included - a few details on the items at the end of the post. If there's only 1 or 2 bits in here that you want then please feel free to join anyway and you can pass them on as you choose.

My participation has ebbed recently but I do intend to try and pick up a little more. I had meant to pop this up a little while ago, but as always life gets in the way.

Eventually managed to pull my finger out and get it together as a thank you to everyone that has helped me to spend my hard earned money with the various bits of advice and the obscene SOTDs that 'force' me to peruse the various dark recesses of the shaving underworld to get my grubby mitts on the same gear - damn you all!

I'll leave this open till next Friday evening to give people a chance to enter, at which point I'll hit the randomiser and I'll get it winging its way to its new owner.

As always follow the standard formatting in your responses/entries if you are interested:

1. Username
2. Username
etc
etc

Good luck and thank you one and all.

Marc

So what we have here is:
PIF.jpeg
Brush: Omega/Shave Factory 10049 (I think that's the number) Boar
Soap: Fine Platinum
Razor: Gilette Fatboy F2 with Case (the lid is buggered) and blade case
Blades: 10 x Wizamets (zyletek with the straight 'y')

Razor: Not had a problem shaving with the fatboy but it's been sat here unloved for months, the plating isn't perfect but it has many years of use ahead of it in the right hands. If I reach for a vintage adjustable it is the slim every time.

Brush: The brush is excellent, cheap and cheerful but whips up a cracking lather effortlessly. There's some nice split ends on it but it could go a bit further, though with the others in hand I won't get the chance to develop it.

Blades: These are my current favourites and just seem to work for me in the majority of my razors, just a shame I can't get more of them. They may not be for you but you can at least give them a bash.

Software: The soap and splash have only had a handful of uses so plenty of mileage left it in, a decent performer but sees no use in the rotation. I could have sworn I had the EDP as well, which if I do manage to find it I'll pop it in as well.

What a cracking PIF and as much as I love a vintage Gillette. As I already own a Fatboy and Slim I can’t avail myself of this PIF!

But absolutely superb gesture.

A bit like the Op, my active participation in SOTD’s and other aspects of the forum has waned a little. Mostly due to work and personal matters. But I’m still enjoying DE shaving and seeing what’s going on here.

Best,

Ben

Cracking PIF, you are going to get an avalanche of names put forward for this with the fatboy.
Respectfully not in due to have won pif in the past but good luck to all who enter.(y):)

Pay It Forward. As in, if you benefit from this freebie then you should offer a freebie of your own to someone else in the near future.

And what a cracking freebie! I can't include myself in this one as I already have two Fatboys, but it is a fantastic razor in my opinion and no doubt the other bits are too.
Very very generous @Crossan

Last edited:
Hi All,

This PIF is open to any active member (doesn't need to be a million posts but no new accounts with single postings and no introduction) who is based in the UK and postage is included - a few details on the items at the end of the post. If there's only 1 or 2 bits in here that you want then please feel free to join anyway and you can pass them on as you choose.

My participation has ebbed recently but I do intend to try and pick up a little more. I had meant to pop this up a little while ago, but as always life gets in the way.

Eventually managed to pull my finger out and get it together as a thank you to everyone that has helped me to spend my hard earned money with the various bits of advice and the obscene SOTDs that 'force' me to peruse the various dark recesses of the shaving underworld to get my grubby mitts on the same gear - damn you all!

I'll leave this open till next Friday evening to give people a chance to enter, at which point I'll hit the randomiser and I'll get it winging its way to its new owner.

As always follow the standard formatting in your responses/entries if you are interested:

1. Username
2. Username
etc
etc

Good luck and thank you one and all.

Marc

So what we have here is:
View attachment 118513
Brush: Omega/Shave Factory 10049 (I think that's the number) Boar
Soap: Fine Platinum
Razor: Gilette Fatboy F2 with Case (the lid is buggered) and blade case
Blades: 10 x Wizamets (zyletek with the straight 'y')

Razor: Not had a problem shaving with the fatboy but it's been sat here unloved for months, the plating isn't perfect but it has many years of use ahead of it in the right hands. If I reach for a vintage adjustable it is the slim every time.

Brush: The brush is excellent, cheap and cheerful but whips up a cracking lather effortlessly. There's some nice split ends on it but it could go a bit further, though with the others in hand I won't get the chance to develop it.

Blades: These are my current favourites and just seem to work for me in the majority of my razors, just a shame I can't get more of them. They may not be for you but you can at least give them a bash.

Software: The soap and splash have only had a handful of uses so plenty of mileage left it in, a decent performer but sees no use in the rotation. I could have sworn I had the EDP as well, which if I do manage to find it I'll pop it in as well.
Great PIF, kudos to you fella. I'll respectfully abstain, but good luck to all

Fantastic pif - and I'd like to participate this time! Surprisingly Fine is one of those brands that have successfully evaded me so far! and fatboy... well speaks for itself! Tried one at beginning of the journey, quite enjoyed it, and wouldn't mind giving it another go! Thanks!

1.cunningmrfox
2.scorpio93

Back
Top Bottom