Watch for around £200

Now if you hadn't invested that 200£ in a Cyprus Bank you might have been able to look at these:[attachment=6961]

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365093204.060061.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365093204.060061.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 51
I have a Seiko, which cost me about £200.00, which I use as my every day watch. I work in an Office mainly and have to be in Business Attire so a smart watch is required.

I rather like the RLT watches, especially the Automatic Divers Watch for £299.00. I'm rather glad it is out of stock or I would have spent more money :)

I really like Christopher Ward (had my Malvern for a long time now and it does the trick nicely :)) but for £200 you're looking at quartz. It's nearer £300 for a mechanical model:

http://www.christopherward.co.uk/men/view-all-mens-watches.html

Johnus said:
Now if you hadn't invested that 200£ in a Cyprus Bank you might have been able to look at these:

What is that watch, it looks amazing

Johnus said:
Now if you hadn't invested that 200£ in a Cyprus Bank you might have been able to look at these:

What is that watch, it looks amazing

I've had a Tissot PRC200 for over a decade now. it comes in a variety of different face options and straps too. It has never let me down and looks good, Mine cost a shade over £200 and I believe they are a similar price now. It certainly looks and feels that t should be a higher price than that - to my mind anyway.

I'd also suggest that you'll get a better watch at a better price if you buy a watch from a watchmaker, not a designer labelled watch. I have nothing really to back that up, other than I wouldn't buy a Emporio Armani computer any more than I'd buy Microsoft socks....

The other option would be to take a look at some vintage pieces, perhaps.

Good luck with your purchase....

Jon

Had a look at alot of the designer watches and really not keen on them so that ok in that respect. Rather like the watches on flying watches, but nothing that totally the design I want. Mmmm.

I've got this on my wrist at the moment.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Rotary-Editions-Automatic-Analogue-Rubber/dp/B004S2AZLU

It's chunky and the mechanical movement has been pretty good.

I've also got a Seiko divers mechanical and can recommend them as well. Excellent watches.

The Rotary was on sale in EJ for £160 and I couldn't help myself. It feels much more expensive than it actually was.

I would like to add that Seiko watches are great value and very reliable, I have many auto's, one of my favourites is the Seiko Samurai, big, heavy and very nice, a monster in any colour would also be good. The Seiko 200m Pepsi diver is very nice as well, if you don't like metal straps look for NATO staps, they come in many colours and safeguard against a broken pin.

Other cheaper options are the Orient auto watches, also very good quality and I'm sure they are made under licence for Seiko, I'm wearing my blue faced one right now and people aften comment on it's looks, these are available at around £100 ish last time I checked.

Lastly my favourite military watch is my Marathon SAR (Search & Rescue) these come in all various formats and the cheaper ones will be around from £200 up to £500.

One word of warning......like all men hobbies, watches can get very, very expensive, so be prepared to hide the reciepts from the wife...LOL

Cheers

Dude if you want a good watch for that money you're best off looking at Seiko, Oreint, Tissot, Christopher Ward or if you're looking to spend a little bit more than Steinhart if its a mechanical watch you're trying to get. I have a Steinhart Ocean 1 which is very good value for the money, good movement eta movement etc. Looking at purchasing a Stowa later this year.

Be careful with ETA movements as they are no longer supplying them as they used to. there are plenty of companies making copies of ETA movements that have gone out of patent but ETA are know only supplying to companies they have a had a long standing agreement with and, obviously, the swatch group of watch companies - so this may impact some of the smaller companies such as Steinhart and Cristopher Ward.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/01/18/watchfair-movements-idUSL6E8CI40H20120118

So for example Oris who used to use ETA are now using Sellita movements. this has also meant that serious boys such as Bretling and IWC who also used ETA movements have had to actually go and create some of their own ones once again.

Shouldn't make much difference to be honest but worth bearing in mind.

If it`s meant to remind you of your Nan, why not go "vintage dress" watch. Something that you keep for Sunday lunch at the Pub , or other special occasions. If you go new, and wear it to the office, pub, gym every day, will it still put that smile on your face in a couple of years? Can I suggest looking at a "Smiths Astral" , made in England.

regards, Daz.

Back
Top Bottom