Washing ethics

Amazing that someone would put a pair of Cheaneys in a charity shop. They'll last a lifetime. Although a bit like Trigger's broom, my leather sole shoes have all been resoled so many times. Yes a resole costs as much as a cheap pair of shoes, but then you have a good pair of shoes...

They have the Daimite souls so hopefully a decent life in them.

Not alone. I couldn't believe my luck either and more so a size 11 which just happened to fit perfectly.

Amazing that someone would put a pair of Cheaneys in a charity shop. They'll last a lifetime. Although a bit like Trigger's broom, my leather sole shoes have all been resoled so many times. Yes a resole costs as much as a cheap pair of shoes, but then you have a good pair of shoes...
I would imagine it was a clearout of an inheritance or something like that... (with the new owner having no idea about proper clothing).

I have a pair of Cheaneys very similar; are they cordovan I wonder; bought mine 20 or so years ago in Jermyn Street; they were on offer at the time at £80.00; leather is slightly cracked now around the creases, but still look good.

Back
Top Bottom