Washing ethics

Hahaha! A mate's wife got me a cycling top for my birthday one year. I looked at the care label and it said WOMAN. I said cheers but are you sure this is for blokes? We looked more closely and it actually said:

Woman. Read the instructions and don't cock up my best bit of kit!

How on earth do they get away with putting that in clothing in this day and age, that's the most blatant sexism imaginable and they're expecting sales! I bet they've changed it now. The top itself wasn't funny, just plain blue with a stripe. Only the label was unusual. Weird.
I thought it was hilarious, she said if she'd have seen that she'd not have bought it!

And here is the actual washing instructions which they supply with their jeans. I love the dig at Hiut with their 'don't wash for 6 months' instruction.

20230420_145356.jpg

20230420_145409.jpg

In all honesty they are fantastic trousers. Since discovering Hiut, Hebtroco and Empire I wouldn't waste my money on Levis, Wranglers etc etc

The materials may be sourced from overseas (often Italy and Japan (no ladies included)) but they are otherwise manufactured completely here in the UK. Hebtroco Hebdon Bridge, Empire the Midlands and Hiut SW Wales.

But Hebtroco win the prize for the best washing instructions and funny website. They don't give a fuck what they say

Jeans by definition were working clothes. Although a pair that fits well which the pockets don't drop out of after a few months is a nice thing to have. I do have a pair of Levis and Wranglers I rather like. Haven't got any real good ones like Chris though. I like the idea of made in England and sustainable. I reckon they'd last me decades.

Ironically I used to go through jeans in no time when I worked in a car battery workshop, used to get splashed with sulphuric every day and be more holey than righteous after a few weeks. Then I discovered that a cheap pair of synthetic office boy trousers were acid resistant. Ha!

Jeans by definition were working clothes. Although a pair that fits well which the pockets don't drop out of after a few months is a nice thing to have. I do have a pair of Levis and Wranglers I rather like. Haven't got any real good ones like Chris though. I like the idea of made in England and sustainable. I reckon they'd last me decades.

Ironically I used to go through jeans in no time when I worked in a car battery workshop, used to get splashed with sulphuric every day and be more holey than righteous after a few weeks. Then I discovered that a cheap pair of synthetic office boy trousers were acid resistant. Ha!

To be honest they may be 'really good' but Hiut excepting (stopped using them years ago when prices started rising) their prices are not that different to some main stream gear. Levi and Wranglers included. The Empire Jeans are probably cheaper.

I have 3 pairs of Hiut which are now pushing 10 years and still no signs of real wear. Piss stains, yes. The Hebtroco are pretty indestructible.

Well I haven't had my Levi's long enough to find out. Got them recently in Costco for £40 where they're supposed to be £100 RRP. You may be right, they look great and feel nice and comfy but not 'solid' so maybe they won't last. The thing is, until you try a pair on to never know if they'll fit well, so if I were going to get some of these uk made ones, do you have to go to the factory or is it mail order only, or are there resellers?

Well I haven't had my Levi's long enough to find out. Got them recently in Costco for £40 where they're supposed to be £100 RRP. You may be right, they look great and feel nice and comfy but not 'solid' so maybe they won't last. The thing is, until you try a pair on to never know if they'll fit well, so if I were going to get some of these uk made ones, do you have to go to the factory or is it mail order only, or are there resellers?

They do fit well

At £40 I would be happier with them.

Back
Top Bottom