Vintage razor job lot on e-bay

Milton sterilising soloution (basically Sodium Hypochlorite in a weak saline soloution) will stain most ferrous metals - steel / stainless steel included) and many non ferrous metals (gold, silver etc).
I prefer to autoclave my stuff (but obvioulsy not many people have access to a high pressure 120 deg steam cabinet)

Boiling in a pan on the stove for 8 minutes would be adequate to sterilise most things, but give it good clean and scrub first with normal soap and a brush.

Cool thanks

The sterilizer we use, we just put water in it and nuke for 6 mins.

We do also have a steam mop that pumps out 110 deg c steam?

Cheers

FrenchBlade said:
Sinister115 said:
They do all look to be in good condition.
Will update when they arrive as I paid as soon as I won the auction.

:)

Love to see the wardonia close up when it arrives :p

Max

I have a couple of Wardonias. They are made of Bakelite with metal top part. Modern blades can be modified to fit. If you want one to try drop me a PM.

Father Ted said:
Milton sterilising soloution (basically Sodium Hypochlorite in a weak saline soloution) will stain most ferrous metals - steel / stainless steel included) and many non ferrous metals (gold, silver etc).
I prefer to autoclave my stuff (but obvioulsy not many people have access to a high pressure 120 deg steam cabinet)

Boiling in a pan on the stove for 8 minutes would be adequate to sterilise most things, but give it good clean and scrub first with normal soap and a brush.

Not many people have an autoclave or steam cabinet - but plenty have a pressure cooker which will take things up to about 110 - 120 degrees. Just steam your razors for about 5 - 10 minutes in a pressure cooker. Should come out nicely done (but don't do this to razors with any plastic content - it will not be the same afterwards!)

Cheers.

Yeah the Gillette Slim Twist which would be the one I would use has a plastic handle.

Would blasting the top with a steam mop that gets to 110deg c to the trick?

Here are a few pics...

The brush...
IMAG0084.jpg

The Gillette Slim Twist...
IMAG0085.jpg

Top of the Wardonia...
IMAG0088.jpg

And the Techmatic...
IMAG0091.jpg

:)

Back
Top Bottom