Vintage Gillette Recommendation

Hi guys, So I've been trying to get a Gillette Slim Adjustable or a Gillette Aristocrat, but I'm not having much look at the moment. So while I wait for one of them to become available.

So can anyone recommend another vintage Gillette worth trying? I have a Gillette 1958 TV Special and I love it. I do prefer Mild razors. Any suggestion's would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Callum

I think I've got a Tech somewhere, but cannot find it at the moment. Is Gillette Red Tip mild? easy to get a hold of?

I have always liked the look of the Gillette 40's style Superspeed

Red Tips are supposed to be the most efficient non adjustables from what I gather. They crop up for sale now and again, but sell very quickly.

I've got a 40's Style Superspeed (if my memory serves me right, called the Rocket for UK markets), which is very smooth but a touch more efficient than my Techs, which are the razors I reach for the most.

Hi guys, So I've been trying to get a Gillette Slim Adjustable or a Gillette Aristocrat, but I'm not having much look at the moment. So while I wait for one of them to become available.

So can anyone recommend another vintage Gillette worth trying? I have a Gillette 1958 TV Special and I love it. I do prefer Mild razors. Any suggestion's would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Callum
I spent ages looking for an N4 slim and in the end went to RE in the States. They do a re-vamp service where you can specify which year you'd like. As I wanted an N4 specifically, I waited a few weeks before they sourced one, then got regular updates on which part of the re-vamp process the razor was going through.

Yes, it cost a bit more (worked out at about £120 with insurance and shipping to make sure I got it before my birthday), but, I have a birth year slim that looks and performs like a new razor.

From my perspective, that saved me searching, bidding and possibly getting a pile of old shite that didn't work.

Good luck on getting what you wanted.

I spent ages looking for an N4 slim and in the end went to RE in the States. They do a re-vamp service where you can specify which year you'd like. As I wanted an N4 specifically, I waited a few weeks before they sourced one, then got regular updates on which part of the re-vamp process the razor was going through.

Yes, it cost a bit more (worked out at about £120 with insurance and shipping to make sure I got it before my birthday), but, I have a birth year slim that looks and performs like a new razor.

From my perspective, that saved me searching, bidding and possibly getting a pile of old shite that didn't work.

Good luck on getting what you wanted.
Thanks, I didn't think of looking on their site. I will check it out now.

I've just been looking at Razor Emporium, lovely razors. But a lot more than what I was wanting to spend on a Slim Adjustable. So I think I will keep a look at to some of the razors recommended here.

Maggard also have some vintage razors in stock:

I'm going to throw a wildcard on to the table. The Parker 87R is an Aristocrat clone. Made with brass. Can be had for less than £25 delivered.

I've been using one for the past few shaves and thoroughly enjoyed it. My Aristocrat is up next for a comparison.
Parker 87r is a great razor. I used to own one. It's what made me get my first Aristocrat. I might have to get what again.

Back
Top Bottom