Vintage Gillette Recommendation

Hi guys, So I've been trying to get a Gillette Slim Adjustable or a Gillette Aristocrat, but I'm not having much look at the moment. So while I wait for one of them to become available.

So can anyone recommend another vintage Gillette worth trying? I have a Gillette 1958 TV Special and I love it. I do prefer Mild razors. Any suggestion's would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Callum
The Tv Special for me is the best vintage i have,
I love everything about it and they are pretty much inexpensive unless you get one with pristine case & instructions and that basically doubles the price.
A very underrated razor for me is the Wilkinson Sword Sticky,
Now i know you’ve stated Gillette but i thought i would throw it in to the mix.
If you want to stick to Gillette then the British Rocket is very good.
But as some suggest no den shoud be without a Tech

I love everything about it and they are pretty much inexpensive unless you get one with pristine case & instructions and that basically doubles the price.
Yes!

Isn't that weird about the TV Special? It's just a Flare Tip Super Speed with a slightly different handle, but somehow the shave is perfect.

It really is
I have a few Superspeeds and they are all different but TV special is by far the best
Thanks for the Recommendations
They are great shavers. I could never get rid of mine, in fact, I've been chatting with JJ over at JJShaves, and he's going to give it a service for me and a cleanup. He's a top bloke and so helpful.

What Tv special do you have? I believe there is a British and American 1958, but I've seen there is a 1954 Tv special also.

They are great shavers. I could never get rid of mine, in fact, I've been chatting with JJ over at JJShaves, and he's going to give it a service for me and a cleanup. He's a top bloke and so helpful.

What Tv special do you have? I believe there is a British and American 1958, but I've seen there is a 1954 Tv special also.
I have the 58 New Old Stock so pretty much Brand New.
I didn’t realise there was a 54 i’ll have to check it out

I have the 58 New Old Stock so pretty much Brand New.
I didn’t realise there was a 54 i’ll have to check it out
The 54 was available for two quarters only, and there was nothing unique about it, other than it was advertised with the Cavalcade of Sports.

The 58 was a special run with a special handle that was promoted with the Cavalcade of Sports.

If you find a 54 by itself in the wild there are no identifying marks or parts on it, it's just a Super Speed. (this may or may not be true)

Last edited:
This is news to me if true.

"It was the Z3 and Z4 and the case. Gillette did a re-release for the Gillette Cavalcade of Sports. All 40's style Super Speeds produced in the last two quarters of 1954 are classified TV. A Z1 or Z2 is not."

Back
Top Bottom